Simple Poll

This is a discussion on Simple Poll within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Work place- Lcp in pocket or Glock 23 in briefcase with built-in holster (off body)....

View Poll Results: Simple Question for workplace atire

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • LCP in Pocket

79 94.05%
  • Glock 23 off body in bag with holster

5 5.95%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Simple Poll

Simple Poll

Work place- Lcp in pocket or Glock 23 in briefcase with built-in holster (off body).

2. Remove Ads

Keep control of the gun

While a Glock 23 in a holster in your briefcase is a nice thing if you can get to it fast, the problem is that you are often separated from your briefcase during the day. What if you are in a meeting, walking in the hall, in the cafeteria or elsewhere? The G23 might be a hundred yards away from you. And you don't know who might be going into your office and looking in the briefcase.

I like to keep control of my gun, which means on body carry and the little LCP in the pocket. You know you can get to it quickly wherever you are.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    voted for the LCP but would rather carry the G23 (on body) that's why the vote to easy to have gun taken or out of reach if needed always carry on th ebody even at home....
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

VIP Member
    I would not be comfortable with either carry platform.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

i always prefer to have a firearm on me. currently i am on my couch, and to be comfortable i took out my taurus 85, and it is lying next to me. if i get up, to go to the bathroom even, it comes too. NEVER outta arms reach.

LCP
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Don't like off-body carry
    tcox4freedom and 2wheelGnnr like this.

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

I'd take the LCP in the pocket.
    2wheelGnnr and tcox4freedom like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I always prefer to have it on body to off...
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

I want my gun on my person.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

The Glock in a 'tuckable'...

I would not want to have a firearm off the body unless I never had to leave the desk area my Glock was stored in...OMO
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

For me personally, there are only a few very rare occasions where off body carry is an acceptable and or appropriate mode of carry.

Inside a briefcase or some other bag at work on a daily basis is not one of those occasions.

pogo2 points out some very compelling reasons why not to carry that way at work.

If you think you're going to pick up your briefcase or bag and carry it with you every time you leave the room you're in, it won't take long for that kind of activity to become very suspicious in and of itself.

The locks on most any office desks or average filing cabinet are way too flimsy to provide any real security for it.

And you can never, ever discount the fact that co-workers, secretaries or other folks won't go pilfering around and snooping through your stuff while you're out of the room. I've seen and caught people take huge risks running in an office real quick and looking through desk drawers and stuff when the occupant is out of the room for just a couple minutes.

So for a daily work environment, office environment or otherwise, on body carry of any weapon is much preferred. Pocket carry a tiny LCP, snubby, whatever. Chest mounted bellyband type holster or other "underneath the shirt" type carry is an option too.

You're not looking for an IPSC / IDPA type speed draw capability in most work type shootings. Incidents which happen in a workplace almost always affords you the opportunity to perform a more controlled and surreptitious draw if something goes down at work in most work environments.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

My choice was LCP in my pocket. The last thing I'd want is to be killed trying to make my way to my gun.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

On body by all means. And as others have pointed out, there are ways to carry "on body" that will allow you a weapon quite different from the LCP. With that being said, LCP is certainly better than nothing. JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Ummm.... Both? If I can't conceal my M&Pc on-body, it goes to my backpack & my LCP is in my pocket. The LCP will either serve as my primary during an engagement or the means by which to provide cover for me to get to my M&P with 49 rounds waiting.

OpJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a fan of the LCP nor of off-body carry.

But if I had to choose between the two , I'd go with the pocket carry until I could get to the Glock.
    ~ Sigsi Paige

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links