Glock Trigger Guard Mod

This is a discussion on Glock Trigger Guard Mod within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; During an all day tactical training, a colleague had me check out his Glock 22 modded by GlockWorx.com , and I was highly impressed with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Glock Trigger Guard Mod

Glock Trigger Guard Mod

During an all day tactical training, a colleague had me check out his Glock 22 modded by GlockWorx.com, and I was highly impressed with how it shot and especially its grip ergonomics. I was sold and sent my Glock 23 off to them for a "Double Undercut trigger guard" mod, which they had turned it around in hours. I had shipped it out Tuesday and it was back Thursday! This mod significantly improved my grip, raising it a little higher towards the bore axis and my fingers more comfortably nestled and indexed under the trigger guard. Impressed with this mod on my EDC Glock 23. I also had it done on my Glock 27, which made a significant ergo difference due to its limited real estate.

Below: Glock 23 with the Double Undercut trigger guard mod compared to a stock Glock 27
    DRM likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I like that mod to get the grip up higher also. And I tell you, those folks at GlockWorx look like they do a first rate job too. Thanks for the heads up.

Looks like a very functional modification.

Amazing how such a slight removal of some polymer in the right place can make that big a difference.

I'm glad it's working out for you. I'll likely have that done on the next Glock I get. I just sold my G-23.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I almost wish I hadn't seen this. I'll be looking into this mod., looks very functional and comfortable.

Single or Double Undercut trigger guard $40
    Grip Work
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

That's a great mod. After about 50 rounds thru my G27 that area rubs a sore spot on my middle finger.

Might be mailing my gun off soon.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    I almost wish I hadn't seen this. I'll be looking into this mod., looks very functional and comfortable.
    me too! thanks

I'll likely have that done on the next Glock I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Single or Double Undercut trigger guard $40
    Grip Work
    Make sure you indicate if you want the mod with a smooth finish, or one of the 3 stippling finishes available. This finish is referring to the straight part of the trigger guard. The photos on his site has stippling in that area. Also, when shipping your frame to him, best to call him for specific shipping instructions with UPS Next Day Air at a lower cost. More info can be found here: GunBroker.com - Help Center

they look great, I look at mine and there don't see to be that much meat on the trigger guard to do that kind of cutting. do they add on and then shape it?

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    they look great, I look at mine and there don't see to be that much meat on the trigger guard to do that kind of cutting. do they add on and then shape it?
    No, they just trim the areas down. It seemed like there wasn't much 'meat' on my G27, but it was an illusion due to the slighted rounded edges. I had it done to the G27 and there is still plenty left; still rigid. You can see the mod on my G27 in the first post.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Dag-gone you Jubz, I've had to come back here three times to look at that awesome grip mod; it just looks so comfortable.

I get a shooting grip on my G23 and just sit and look at how much higher of a hold I could get if I send it off and have a little dremeling done.

Hmmmmmm...Very very interesting...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    Dag-gone you Jubz, I've had to come back here three times to look at that awesome grip mod; it just looks so comfortable.

I get a shooting grip on my G23 and just sit and look at how much higher of a hold I could get if I send it off and have a little dremeling done.
    You won't regret it at all! Comparing the mods done on both G27 & G23, it looks VERY consistent/clean/professional; looks like they at least use a jig.

Another benefit, I find myself getting a more positive grip when unholstering. My middle finger's inside knuckle seems to more quickly/easily 'settle' into the enlarged area adjacent to the grip, like an 'index' you can readily feel.

Sponsor

Thumbs up

I like it, but then, I find stock guns boring and uneventful...

I forget the guys name, but he started doing this on STI 2011 guns for the IPSC shooters (gosh 10 years ago?). Anyway, most guys didn't care for it until they picked up the gun and felt it.

It's subtle, but makes quite a difference. Here's one I did on a G23 for a client with big hands (he wanted the trigger rounded, too):

ROUND TRIGGER GUARD G19.jpg
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Pro Shooting Coach & Custom Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links