Help me make up my mind...

This is a discussion on Help me make up my mind... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For the price,the 642 is hard to beat.My wife's had one for a few months,but I like better than she does.It's dead accurate,reliable and,good for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help me make up my mind...

For the price,the 642 is hard to beat.My wife's had one for a few months,but I like better than she does.It's dead accurate,reliable and,good for IWB carry.She's had a problem with the original grips,changed to Hogue monogrip which took some of the "mule"out of it.I will be getting one for myself also.

2. Remove Ads

while I will totally agree with all that said that the 340 would be a handful. I will add that a buddy of mine has one and asked me if I wanted to shoot a full load of .357 with it. I was a little hesitant to take him up on the offer, but decided to dot it. I gotta admit, the CT laser grip that he added to the little thing absorbed so much recoil that I was pleasantly surprised. The CT grip really helped tame the round down to something like a stout/heavy .38 special. I gave it a thought for a brief second, but decided that with the original price of the 340 and couple that with the $276 for the particular CT laser grip, was just too much coin for a five shot carry gun IMO.

I have a few .38s and feel the .38 is plenty powerful and more manageable without the high dollar CT grips, but with the advance's in grip choices; the .357 isn't the same untamed monster outa the snubs that it used to be. JMO
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links