Help me make up my mind... - Page 2

Help me make up my mind...

This is a discussion on Help me make up my mind... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For the price,the 642 is hard to beat.My wife's had one for a few months,but I like better than she does.It's dead accurate,reliable and,good for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help me make up my mind...

For the price,the 642 is hard to beat.My wife's had one for a few months,but I like better than she does.It's dead accurate,reliable and,good for IWB carry.She's had a problem with the original grips,changed to Hogue monogrip which took some of the "mule"out of it.I will be getting one for myself also.

while I will totally agree with all that said that the 340 would be a handful. I will add that a buddy of mine has one and asked me if I wanted to shoot a full load of .357 with it. I was a little hesitant to take him up on the offer, but decided to dot it. I gotta admit, the CT laser grip that he added to the little thing absorbed so much recoil that I was pleasantly surprised. The CT grip really helped tame the round down to something like a stout/heavy .38 special. I gave it a thought for a brief second, but decided that with the original price of the 340 and couple that with the $276 for the particular CT laser grip, was just too much coin for a five shot carry gun IMO.

I have a few .38s and feel the .38 is plenty powerful and more manageable without the high dollar CT grips, but with the advance's in grip choices; the .357 isn't the same untamed monster outa the snubs that it used to be. JMO
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links