Colt mustang

This is a discussion on Colt mustang within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone actually seen, handled or shot one of these? I've seen them advertised for months, but never see one at the LGS's I frequent....

Thread: Colt mustang

Colt mustang

Has anyone actually seen, handled or shot one of these? I've seen them advertised for months, but never see one at the LGS's I frequent.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    had one when colt first introduced them.

the Sig p238 is less hurtful on the hand when fired.
    if you find a used mustang, they are priced higher than when new
    and had a troubled early production run. if it was my intent to have a mustang for SD, id want to test fire it b4 i paid for it.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    had one when colt first introduced them.

the Sig p238 is less hurtful on the hand when fired.
    if you find a used mustang, they are priced higher than when new
    and had a troubled early production run. if it was my intent to have a mustang for SD, id want to test fire it b4 i paid for it.
    I have a Mustang II for EDC. The only issue I have is that the extracting mechanism is sensitive to accumulation of burnt powder and grit. It needs meticulous cleaning, but is very very easy to clean.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I saw one the other week at Vance's in Columbus. I handled it, liked the feel, the trigger seemed pretty good to me.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Dunno how the Sig 238 hurts less? Only difference is the ambidextrous safety mod. I have 2 old Colt Mustangs. Paid $299 never had any problems with them. Just went to the range yesterday and my daughter did this from 7yrds
    The Colt is hard to aim with the sights. The Sig is easier. But haven't seen a new one. I'm interested to see the cost and if it's similar to the eye candy the Sigs are??

T

I have a new colt mustang msrp from colt is 599.00. I gave 649.00 with 50.00 in store credit at LGS. I only had the chance for one range visit and ran about 175-200 rds. the only problem I had was bad primer on cheap russia ammo. The sights are not as good as sigs but I want to pocket carry. I'm not ready for EDC as round count not high enough. I have already got a Recluse pocket holster and looking for a owb FBI cant leather holster. One of the reasons I got the mustang is it will be the only colt I can afford and I thought it would keep its value. I'm also looking at the Sig p238 SAS!!!!! If I can get my son to show me I might post some pics. Hope this helps!
    "It is not what you do,it is how you do it!"

You mean $549?? Yeah post some pics. Seems pretty close to the Sig price

Links