no info on the xdm?

no info on the xdm?

This is a discussion on no info on the xdm? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i've been trying to find as much info, things to look for ect. on the xdm 9mm 3.8 compact that i just purchased but am ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: no info on the xdm?

no info on the xdm?

i've been trying to find as much info, things to look for ect. on the xdm 9mm 3.8 compact that i just purchased but am coming up with nothing in the search. has no one on this forum spoken about it? i've seen many youtube videos, but i thought i could get some actual reviews and opinions on the forum. i've tried writing it out different way.

I searched for the same thing 2 days ago. There are tons of threads. Search again.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the
    scabbard." -General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Can not get them in CA as springfield is not playing the BS games required by the DOJ to bring their guns here anymore. I want one, but would be in the .45 caliber search. Good luck. You have one, shoot it, and send us pics and a review, get the ball rolling!
    ironmike86 likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by hek1620 View Post
    i've been trying to find as much info, things to look for ect. on the xdm 9mm 3.8 compact that i just purchased but am coming up with nothing in the search. has no one on this forum spoken about it? i've seen many youtube videos, but i thought i could get some actual reviews and opinions on the forum. i've tried writing it out different way.
    What questions do you have? I can try and answer any you might have here or if you feel more comfortable you can PM me. Also, check out XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!, but there should be quite a bit of info on here....

-Russell
    Cook74 and tcox4freedom like this.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

I have the XDM 3.8 .40. As far as I know the only difference is the caliber. It's been a great gun for me. Small enough to conceal but big enough for my large hands. Probably a couple thousands rounds through it and only 1 malfunction that wasn't intentional. It was a double feed that I caused when I messed up a reload drill. It's hands down the best gun I own.

thanks guys, but idk why nothing pops up for me. i've worded it differently and i haven't gotten any of those that whec724 posted. thanks by the way.
    well i guess reliability is not a concern. i plan on carrying all the time. i'm a driver so i'm on the road all the time. but i'm also getting in and out of the car all day. i mostly wear shorts so an ankle holster is out of the question for edc. but i want one for evening use, like going to dinner and what not. what iwb/ankle holsters are you guys using? does it not like a particular ammo? any issues to look for? i'm going to check those links out now. have a good one.

Love my XDM Compact 9mm 3.8. What info do you need? It shoots great and accurate right out of the case. No break in required. Will eat any kind of 9mm ammo you can load the mag with...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

I bought the XDM 4 1/2 in 9mm today. Gawd that is a sweet shoting gun!
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

I picked up the XDm 9mm 4.5" about 6 months ago. Really enjoy the pistol. The ergonomics are fantastic IMO, it is really soft shooting. I bought with plans of trying my hand @ some competition shooting this summer. Really easy take down. Any of the SD ammo that my HK's and Glocks eat have been perfect in the XDm-Fed HST 124 +P, Winchester T series 147 gr and Golden Saber 124 gr +P.

sweet! i'm excited for sat. thats when i'm picking it up and take our(me and wife) ccw classes!

I have a XD9 compact. It has been a flawless shooting gun. I would trust my life with it. XDtalk.com is a pretty good site for XD info.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowbait View Post
    What questions do you have? I can try and answer any you might have here or if you feel more comfortable you can PM me. Also, check out XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!, but there should be quite a bit of info on here....

-Russell
    ^^^This^^^

picked it up and shot it today. felt really nice. didn't expect it to feel comparable to a sig p228 which is what i'm used to. was pretty accurate with it. even did some 20 yard shots. unloaded the 19 rnd mag rapid fire at 5 yrds and was more accurate than expected. those mag springs are hard as hell to get the last couple rounds in but i had already read about that. really the only complaint thus far is that the sharp edges on the mag cut one of my fingers while reloading. but i'm sure that'll happen less when i don't have to use so much force. over all, very pleased. on a side note: what do yall think about this pistol for a woman to conceal carry? too big?

got my XDm .45 3.8 a few weeks back and I love it. Set aside my 649 and carry this daily now. Waiting on my Sideguard holster but in the meantime I have a tennessee holster and have ordered a kingtuk also. Kind of a holster whore with all my rigs. Gotta have several for each one. Sideguard is the one I always come back to though.
    Ruger Redhawk .44 4"
    S&W 686 .357 2.5"
    S&W 649 .357 2.5"
    XDm .45 3.8"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links