Walther PPQ

Walther PPQ

This is a discussion on Walther PPQ within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This may very well be a perfect pistol. It has the absolute best stock trigger of any hand gun there is....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Walther PPQ

Walther PPQ

This may very well be a perfect pistol. It has the absolute best stock trigger of any hand gun there is.

Almost... G19 beats it by a hair. IMHO
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

not close actually. it was a G19 I sold to get the PPq. i actually went out of my way to give that glock a chance. over a year actually

VIP Member
    Your statement paints a very broad stroke. Now if you said it had the best stock trigger you have tried, I could buy into it. However there are others who might differ with your opinion as to what has the best trigger.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Your statement paints a very broad stroke. Now if you said it had the best stock trigger you have tried, I could buy into it. However there are others who might differ with your opinion as to what has the best trigger.
    Agreed!

While I really like my PPQ (1200rds so far), and I’m ordering a second, there are other pistols with as good if not better triggers.

For a polymer pistol it does have a superb trigger, ergonomics, and the accuracy is very good.

Just not sure if it’s the best.

Chuck
    homo homini lupus est

I will add a +1 to the OP...PPQ is the best stock pistol I have ever shot...and I have shot many, including Glocks....
    Dont shop the "cheap aisle" for a carry gun.

While I can not claim to have owned and fired them all I have owned and fired many if not most. Definitely all of the more modern and popular guns. So I say with no apologies to anyone that this thing really does have by far the best stock, and better than many guns with trigger jobs, of any gun on the market. I could only think of 3 guns, all with trigger jobs in the 2lb range, that would have a better trigger. Those being a 1911 M&P and some Glocks I have used.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Almost... G19 beats it by a hair. IMHO
    sFun_cheerleader2.gif
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I dry fired the PPQ at a hunting expo. It was pretty sweet. It's all subjective though. I also love the stock Glock trigger. Others hate it. It's good to have choices.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Nice piece of hardware!
    ~ Sigsi Paige

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    I have heard a lot of great things about this pistol, but when I checked it out at the last gun show, it is pretty thick, even for a double stack.

I am sure I will eventually get one, but I know from past history, I will prefer the thinner option for carry like a glock 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon1976 View Post
    This may very well be a perfect pistol. It has the absolute best stock trigger of any hand gun there is.
    I would agree with you if you had said any Striker Fired handgun. When you consider hammer fired handguns there are a ton of production 1911s that have a much nicer trigger than the PPQ. It definately is the best striker fired trigger out there.
    helderberg likes this.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Damon1976 View Post
    While I can not claim to have owned and fired them all I have owned and fired many if not most. Definitely all of the more modern and popular guns. So I say with no apologies to anyone that this thing really does have by far the best stock, and better than many guns with trigger jobs, of any gun on the market. I could only think of 3 guns, all with trigger jobs in the 2lb range, that would have a better trigger. Those being a 1911 M&P and some Glocks I have used.
    You've never had a Python, have you?

Regards,
    Jim
    Sap03 likes this.

The PPQ does indeed have a sweet trigger and ergos. I'm still enjoying my new P2000sk's LEM trigger too. Both feel better than a Glock's, to me.

Love the PPQ best double tap gun I own. I love the fit form and function and as you all have indicated the trigger is outstanding. I wish they would come out with 45 ACP version it would be in my collection very quickly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links