My next handgun to consider... - Page 2

My next handgun to consider...

This is a discussion on My next handgun to consider... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think I have found it... the Sprigfield XD(M) Compact 3.8" 9mm. First I have seen of it and I am very impressed....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My next handgun to consider...

I think I have found it... the Sprigfield XD(M) Compact 3.8" 9mm. First I have seen of it and I am very impressed.

Get ur self a SW model 642 without the lock while you can....
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnie View Post
    lol... I think the Glocks look pretty good myself. I actually like the looks of the Glock better than the 1911 models. The Glock 19 is looking like it may be moving to the top of my list. I already own the M&P 9... and like the 9c, but since I already have the 9, I thought maybe I would get something from a different maker. I am gonna scratch the PM9. It it to small. I remember looking at it once before and after going back to the Kahr site it jogged my memory as to why I did not consider it further... it is too small. I got small in my P380 and love it. The G19 is about the right size.

Wow... just looked at the new Springfields... they are nice.

Attachment 57581
    Sonnie,
    I have been using a "ugly brick" Glock 26 as my EDC and absolutely love it. It will be my EDC for a while.

On the other hand, I bought a Springfield XDM9 with 4.5" barrel today and...... WOW. That is one sweet piece. Very nice to shoot just a little big for my EDC.

On the Px4, I sold my full size 45. I never really got attached to it. Just too bulky and heavy. I really felt like i was carrying a cannon instead of a handgun. I looked at a compact but decided against it for the same reason.

Good luck and I hope you pick the best for you!

Tim
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

Richard... my buddy at the pawn shop has one for $320 and already has it put aside for me. I had decided last week to get one. I think I am going to pick up a 442 and a 642. One for my sister at work.

Tim... did you consider the 3.8" model so that you might could carry it... or is it still too big. I am thoroughly impressed with all the features it has. I hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    If you're seriously looking for a compact in .40 cal and you like M&P's, then the M&P 40c is the way to go.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    CZ 75 Compact. All steel frame, 14 + 1, perfect CZ ergonomics. It's a must-buy.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    If you're seriously looking for a compact in .40 cal and you like M&P's, then the M&P 40c is the way to go.
    I believe I am going to stick with a 9mm. I am not as fond of the S&W compacts as I am their full size M&P models.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesters Dead View Post
    CZ 75 Compact. All steel frame, 14 + 1, perfect CZ ergonomics. It's a must-buy.
    The CZ is not hammerless, but it does appear to be a nice gun and I have read a lot of good things about it.

Right now the XD(M) is leading the way... it's a few bullets ahead.

CZ P01 all the way!

or P06.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links