My next handgun to consider...

This is a discussion on My next handgun to consider... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think I have found it... the Sprigfield XD(M) Compact 3.8" 9mm. First I have seen of it and I am very impressed....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My next handgun to consider...

I think I have found it... the Sprigfield XD(M) Compact 3.8" 9mm. First I have seen of it and I am very impressed.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Get ur self a SW model 642 without the lock while you can....
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnie View Post
    lol... I think the Glocks look pretty good myself. I actually like the looks of the Glock better than the 1911 models. The Glock 19 is looking like it may be moving to the top of my list. I already own the M&P 9... and like the 9c, but since I already have the 9, I thought maybe I would get something from a different maker. I am gonna scratch the PM9. It it to small. I remember looking at it once before and after going back to the Kahr site it jogged my memory as to why I did not consider it further... it is too small. I got small in my P380 and love it. The G19 is about the right size.

Wow... just looked at the new Springfields... they are nice.

Attachment 57581
    Sonnie,
    I have been using a "ugly brick" Glock 26 as my EDC and absolutely love it. It will be my EDC for a while.

On the other hand, I bought a Springfield XDM9 with 4.5" barrel today and...... WOW. That is one sweet piece. Very nice to shoot just a little big for my EDC.

On the Px4, I sold my full size 45. I never really got attached to it. Just too bulky and heavy. I really felt like i was carrying a cannon instead of a handgun. I looked at a compact but decided against it for the same reason.

Good luck and I hope you pick the best for you!

Tim
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

Richard... my buddy at the pawn shop has one for $320 and already has it put aside for me. I had decided last week to get one. I think I am going to pick up a 442 and a 642. One for my sister at work.

Tim... did you consider the 3.8" model so that you might could carry it... or is it still too big. I am thoroughly impressed with all the features it has. I hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    If you're seriously looking for a compact in .40 cal and you like M&P's, then the M&P 40c is the way to go.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    CZ 75 Compact. All steel frame, 14 + 1, perfect CZ ergonomics. It's a must-buy.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    If you're seriously looking for a compact in .40 cal and you like M&P's, then the M&P 40c is the way to go.
    I believe I am going to stick with a 9mm. I am not as fond of the S&W compacts as I am their full size M&P models.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesters Dead View Post
    CZ 75 Compact. All steel frame, 14 + 1, perfect CZ ergonomics. It's a must-buy.
    The CZ is not hammerless, but it does appear to be a nice gun and I have read a lot of good things about it.

Right now the XD(M) is leading the way... it's a few bullets ahead.

CZ P01 all the way!

or P06.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links