I want, I want, I want!!!

This is a discussion on I want, I want, I want!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The full size ad/pic on the single-stack .45 XDs makes the grip look awfully small to me. That's why I passed on the G26, didn't ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I want, I want, I want!!!

The full size ad/pic on the single-stack .45 XDs makes the grip look awfully small to me. That's why I passed on the G26, didn't care for it.
    Big hands, and not being able to get a solid grip on a .45 would bother me. I'd like to handle one when they come out.

2. Remove Ads

I already carry an LCR or a PF9 depending on my mood, would really like a Kimber Ultra Carry + though, just a little pricey for me.

The title of this thread sounds like a 2 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The title of this thread sounds like a 2 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, like a kid in a candy store. I want a pack of gum, a butterfinger and a Ruger SR9C!

smith 686, ruger lcr,

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Sold my PF9 and I picked up a used Kahr this week as a replacement and shot it yesterday,,,,,,,a cw9 model.......very nice gun,needs more slide rail IMO and a better front sight which I ordered but it was pretty accurate for me at 20-25 feet so Ill keep it for a while........Today I pick up a S&W CS9,this is one I am excited about,older Smiths rule IMO and the CS series is a stellar performer -

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I've got the J-Frame bug now, shiny ones.

and just for grins & giggles... He's back in business
    Coonan - Welcome to Coonan!
    http://www.coonaninc.com/userfiles/f...es04052011.pdf
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Already have a plethora of great carry guns...S&W M&P 340, Glock 23, and Sig P228. I do think I would like a Kahr P9 or Walther PPS
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tobnpr View Post
    The full size ad/pic on the single-stack .45 XDs makes the grip look awfully small to me. That's why I passed on the G26, didn't care for it.
    Big hands, and not being able to get a solid grip on a .45 would bother me. I'd like to handle one when they come out.
    You know, I was looking at this, and it says the grip is 4"... and with the magazine, it's 4.4". That seems off to me, given that it's a flat baseplate.
    Hakkaa päälle!

i want a Walther P99!, a Browning Hi-Power and a Colt Detective Special
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

OP, I'd knock the Para, Kimber and Diamondback off of your list… Yes, I have experience with all of them and the two 1911's aren't all that and the Diamondback is expensive for what it is. I had it about 2 weeks.

I have the carry guns I want as well as carry guns I thought I wanted. Now, it's usually a Glock 17 or occasionally an M&P9. Before, it was one of 4 Kimbers, 3 Nighthawks, 2 Wilsons, a VBOB, a few different HK's and Sigs, a S&W j frame M&P. I love 1911's, I just prefer to carry Glocks.

The best advice I can give you is pick ONE or possible two handguns and stick to carrying them. I've consolidated down quite a bit over the past couple years and typically carry and train with the Glocks, usually the 17.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    OP, I'd knock the Para, Kimber and Diamondback off of your list… Yes, I have experience with all of them and the two 1911's aren't all that and the Diamondback is expensive for what it is. I had it about 2 weeks.

I have the carry guns I want as well as carry guns I thought I wanted. Now, it's usually a Glock 17 or occasionally an M&P9. Before, it was one of 4 Kimbers, 3 Nighthawks, 2 Wilsons, a VBOB, a few different HK's and Sigs, a S&W j frame M&P. I love 1911's, I just prefer to carry Glocks.

The best advice I can give you is pick ONE or possible two handguns and stick to carrying them. I've consolidated down quite a bit over the past couple years and typically carry and train with the Glocks, usually the 17.
    Thanks for your input. I once had 2 Glock 27s but our Governor at the time vetoed the cc bill twice so I bartered those off for a XD45. I carry a tiny Keltec p32 but also currently own a Kimber custom target, 4" colt Python, CZ 27, Ruger 22/45, S&W 41, Ruger single six, and Ruger super blackhawk. I have consolidated to and sold off more than I currently own. I don't think I'll have more than 2 carry guns at a time. I buy one and use it for a while and get another and either keep it or try another until I find the perfect gun. (never happen) The Keltec is going to go soon though, I can shoot it pretty good but it takes me5 seconds to get a accurate shot off. Rapid fire the thing hits low and I tried gripping and trigger finger position changes and can't find a sweet spot. Its just so small my shots drop low. So hot on my list is a new mouse gun then a compact 9. If I can find a Styer I'll probably get that 1st. I think they look awesome and I shot my friends and I was very impressed. I'm bad when it comes to guns and even worse with bows. I get a new bow or 2 every year just to find one I like more.

Quote Originally Posted by Runt View Post
    I really want a Cabot Gun's South Paw. A left handed 1911 45acp. $5200 South Paw « Cabot Gun, an American Gun Company
    I want that too and I'm not even a lefty.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Springfield XDs is something I will be interested in getting my mitts on.

What I really want is for Ruger to rechamber the SP101 in .44 Special. That's a good caliber, but the only serious game in town for CCW is Charter Arms, and the SP101 is a beast so they could probably just bore the cylinder out a bit and obviously the barrel and be good to go.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

SIG P938 will be my next gun....hopefully they'll have it out earlier than June which is when I heard it will be in stores.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links