I want, I want, I want!!! - Page 4

I want, I want, I want!!!

This is a discussion on I want, I want, I want!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What do you guys think. I want to replace my Keltec p32 with something that can fit into my pocket. I can't hit squat with ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I want, I want, I want!!!

What do you guys think. I want to replace my Keltec p32 with something that can fit into my pocket. I can't hit squat with it rapid fire. I had a Walther p22 that I sold off because it was to small but I could shoot it just fine. I'd have complete confidence in hitting my target with it but is it too weak for a ccw? I know the 32 isn't much either. Heck, a .22lr probably is as good if not better.?

What do you guys think of this. My little Keltec p32 is easy to carry but I can't shoot it very good rapid. I had a Walther p22 that I sold because it was to small but I could shoot it with much more confidence. In your opinions would a .22 be to little gun? At least I'd know I'm going to hit with it and I can shoot it alot being a .22lr.
    I'd still have a 9mm or better too for heavier clothes, just thinking mouse gun here.

Why do you feel you need a smaller gun? I have a Kel-Tec 32 only for the purpose of trying it it. I would never rely on it. I'd never want to rely on a 380 either. I carry a Glock 17, used to be a 1911, regardless of the weather or clothing. I wear t shirts regularly. I'm not a large guy, but I carry the Glock, one or two mags and a small fixed blade without any trouble at all.

If I really needed to get a smaller gun, I'd carry a Glock 19. For me, the only reason for a small caliber sub-compact is for a backup or if I needed deep concealment.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Why do you feel you need a smaller gun? I have a Kel-Tec 32 only for the purpose of trying it it. I would never rely on it. I'd never want to rely on a 380 either. I carry a Glock 17, used to be a 1911, regardless of the weather or clothing. I wear t shirts regularly. I'm not a large guy, but I carry the Glock, one or two mags and a small fixed blade without any trouble at all.

If I really needed to get a smaller gun, I'd carry a Glock 19. For me, the only reason for a small caliber sub-compact is for a backup or if I needed deep concealment.
    I like the p32 because I can drop it in my pocket. I've only had my permit for a few months so I'm no expert in holsters so dropping into a pocket is the easy way. I don't feel I need a smaller gun. I do want one I know I'll hit with. My p32 is 1st gen and its sights are 2 lines. I shot a few bullseye pistol matches with the Glock 27 I had and averaged in the 240s. I took 2nd in my 1st IDPA shoot with it too. I'm seriously thinking of a G26 for my main carry gun. 9mm just for the cheaper ammo. I like to shoot a lot. If I ever felt the need to carry I'd want my 1911 Kimber or Python. Here to the XD45 I had is needing replacement. What holster are you using for that G17? Thanks again for the info, I have alot to learn. I'm liking this site alot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links