Sig P250 Subcompact >>>>

This is a discussion on Sig P250 Subcompact >>>> within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have always been intrigued by this gun ever since they came out a few years ago. I have played with one when it first ...

Thread: Sig P250 Subcompact >>>>

Thumbs up Sig P250 Subcompact >>>>

I have always been intrigued by this gun ever since they came out a few years ago. I have played with one when it first came out and the DAO trigger seemed ok. Last night on a whim I stopped by a LGS and they had both the compact and subcompact 9mm for $350 each. I held both and played with the trigger and both of them were buttery smooth. Much improved over the first one I held about 3 years ago. Did they make any changes to the trigger ??? There was another fellow there that said he was a big revolver guy but very much liked the trigger of the P250 too. I was going to get another Keltec P11, but now I am thinking of putting the P250 subcompact on layaway as it is about the same size and has a much better trigger !!! Let me know what you all think. God Bless

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    I have always been intrigued by this gun ever since they came out a few years ago. I have played with one when it first came out and the DAO trigger seemed ok. Last night on a whim I stopped by a LGS and they had both the compact and subcompact 9mm for $350 each. I held both and played with the trigger and both of them were buttery smooth. Much improved over the first one I held about 3 years ago. Did they make any changes to the trigger ??? There was another fellow there that said he was a big revolver guy but very much liked the trigger of the P250 too. I was going to get another Keltec P11, but now I am thinking of putting the P250 subcompact on layaway as it is about the same size and has a much better trigger !!! Let me know what you all think. God Bless
    I don't own a P250 YET but I am a big S&W revo guy too , and the P250 trigger is an EXCELLENT DA trigger.
    I will probably get a .45 compact soon.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I own a few Sig 250s. I love the platform especially since I used to compete with a slicked up S&W revolver and always shot double action. The trigger on the 250 is even smoother and lighter than that. Plus I love the fact that there are no unnecessary controls.

The newer 250s (2010 and later) are called generation 2, and they have some improvements over the originals, and all the bugs are out. My main carry is a 250 subcompact 40. All my my 250s have been flawless. I'm amazed at how I can pull out the fire control on one of them, completely change the gun and not lose any of the reliability.

Buy with confidence!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I was mostly a DA revolver shooter for many years too. Last year, I found a deal ($349+tax) for a new 9mm P250SC and couldn't resist. Around 1000rds through it including various JHPs with no issues. I shoot it about as fast and accurate as I do my revolvers in DA but not as fast or accurate as 1911s or DA/SA autos in SA. Still, I've got so many years of "programming" with DA revolvers, the 250 suits me fine for CC. If you like DA revolvers, you'll probably like it. If more used to SA or striker fired, maybe not? Picture is pretty typical "fast group" and while I'm not so hot at 25yd "groups", I can keep it on a paper plate. I added a Handall Jr slip on grip since picture and I think it helps me get a surer grip when drawing.

Thanks everyone for your replies and sharing your experiences. I am used to DAO triggers as I currently carry both a Keltec PF9 and S&W Bodyguard 380 and both have long heavy triggers, though I am not an expert in shooting them. I plan on going back to the LGS and look, hold, and play with the P250 one more time. God Bless

That's a great price! If I was starting all over again, I would give the Sig P250 a long, hard look.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    That's a great price! If I was starting all over again, I would give the Sig P250 a long, hard look.
    +1

For that price point I don't see how you could go wrong....
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    Like others have said, with a price like that, you almost have to buy it, just on principle.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by forestranger View Post
    I was mostly a DA revolver shooter for many years too. Last year, I found a deal ($349+tax) for a new 9mm P250SC and couldn't resist. Around 1000rds through it including various JHPs with no issues. I shoot it about as fast and accurate as I do my revolvers in DA but not as fast or accurate as 1911s or DA/SA autos in SA. Still, I've got so many years of "programming" with DA revolvers, the 250 suits me fine for CC. If you like DA revolvers, you'll probably like it. If more used to SA or striker fired, maybe not? Picture is pretty typical "fast group" and while I'm not so hot at 25yd "groups", I can keep it on a paper plate. I added a Handall Jr slip on grip since picture and I think it helps me get a surer grip when drawing.
    That's my experience as well. I"d be embarrassed to tell you what I paid for my 250 two years ago.......hint: they were selling for around $600

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    That's my experience as well. I"d be embarrassed to tell you what I paid for my 250 two years ago.......hint: they were selling for around $600
    I've seen some lately advertised for around that price. I want a 45 Compact but haven't found a "deal" on one like the SC.

Well I just got back from the LGS and I put the P250 subcompact on layway While I was there there was a couple there and the lady told me, earlier today she had purchased the P250 Compact at the same LGS for the same price. I called around and other stores were selling the subcompact for $499 so the $350 that I am getting this for as you all have mentioned is a real bargin. I thought I was going to be purchasing the one in the show case, but the guy said no, he was getting one new from the back and putting my name on it. I was able to open the case and see the 2 magazines, plastic wrap, etc. before he stored it in their layaway safe. They had a used XD40 Subcompact that was on cosignment for $400 and I asked if they would go lower to $375 and they said no, so I guess it was time for the P250 subcompact !!! God Bless

That's a pretty good deal, and as good as you'd get on the new IOP discount, which according the Sig Proshop is now a flat 25% of MSRP on firearms. That's pretty close to the old IOP pricelist, IIRC. A P250 with night sights is now running $391, contrast (if you can find them) $350, and they're all but flying off the shelves.

Or, $800 for a brand new P229 with nightsights... $900 for a TACOPS 1911...

I need another job.

Links