New Glock 23 gen 4 - Page 2

New Glock 23 gen 4

This is a discussion on New Glock 23 gen 4 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Very well done! Glad that you like it and I'm sure it will serve you well!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Glock 23 gen 4

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Very well done! Glad that you like it and I'm sure it will serve you well!
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Distinguished Member
    Congratulations. I do not have a Glock at this time, but it is on my acquisition list. I have a large list.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Glock 23 love it. New handgun owner.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I have five Glocks and always like looking at another new one...congrats on the purchase, and may it treat you very well.
    I bought a week ago a Gen 4 glock 23. Shot about 200 rounds. Gun is a joy to shoot. Recoil i was concerned about is trivial. But the gun does eject to the head on occasion. Out of the 200 i had about 4. One was between the eyes - kind of funny, but i had glasses on. I did the web research and found out Glock has issues with gen 4 ejector - 1882 stamped on it. They will send to a armorer only - or else send it back for 6 weeks turnaround. I found a armorer close by where i work. Glock will send 28926 ejector to him, i'll have to pay a few bucks for the repair. Its worth it not to send it in.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    my glock 23 is my EDC with trijicon night sights congrads, I love mine go get a 9mm conversion barrel from cheaper than dirt and you can shoot more ammo GNS-140 - Lone Wolf Distributor Conversion Barrel, Glock 23 to 9mm, Standard Length
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    Not trying to rain,but,does it have the new Ejector? All 23's with prefix SR will have the 28926 ejector,just a heads up if the brass starts rolling off your wrist.
    I recently bought a G23 Gen 4 also and absolutely love it!!!! However, I didn't realize they had different models. Mine has the prefix SX. Anyone know if there's anything different about mine? Also, what does the new ejector do? I love your holster! I've already purchased a Blackhawk Serpa CQC with the carbon fiber finish and matching mag holsters for my G23. But, I just bought the new S&W M&P Shield. I wonder if there's an ITAC holster that would fit that model? Anyone know? If not, does anyone know of a similar holster that would work for the Shield? Thanks and congrats on your new G23!!!!
    Pistols: Glock 21SF, Glock 30SF, Colt 1911 GCT (all .45ACP),
    Revolvers: Ruger SP 101 (.357MAG/.38SP), Judge (.410G/.45LC)

Long guns: Daniel Defense AR-15's (M4V4 and M4V5), Mossberg Shotguns (400 and 500, both 12G), Ruger (.22;LR)

Congrats! I have a Gen 3 as a duty weapon. Fine piece, enjoy it.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Update: I love this gen 4 glock 23. I love the trijicon TFO sites, and I love my ITAC holster. Btw the firearm easily clears the spare mag when drawing. :D

Using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Glad to see that it's growing on you!
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

So how do you like it shooting? I've been to the range and asked other Glocksters what they think of the 4th gen pistols. 9 out of 10 tell me they'd rather do the 3rd gen. Well.....okay....maybe 4 out of 5. What's the difference anyway? You'll believe what the media tells you night after night....right? I hear that the 4th gens are not worth a 3rd gen. Just what I have heard on the range. Me? I have no wants for a 4th gen Glock pistol. Be that as it may.

Re ramrod.. I think the dislike for the Gen 4 is related to when they first came out, they had problems. Now it is an excellent firearm, adjustable grip, etc. My son carries a Glock 22 gen 3 issued and a gen 4 off duty and prefers the gen 4.
    I prefer the gen 4 as well.
    Using Tapatalk

Oooh I like that holster, gonna have to add it to my list.

And on the g3 vs g4- I owned a g3 g17 and got rid of it because I just didn't like the trigger. I feel like the g4 trigger is worlds better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    So how do you like it shooting? I've been to the range and asked other Glocksters what they think of the 4th gen pistols. 9 out of 10 tell me they'd rather do the 3rd gen. Well.....okay....maybe 4 out of 5. What's the difference anyway? You'll believe what the media tells you night after night....right? I hear that the 4th gens are not worth a 3rd gen. Just what I have heard on the range. Me? I have no wants for a 4th gen Glock pistol. Be that as it may.
    in my experience with the G23 gen4 so far is positive ,better grip, a lil bit less recoil . over 1000 rds with 0 malfunction , ppl who don't like gen4 is bc they got gen3 ,for me is not a different i still got my gen3 27 and 26 .THEY STILL GLOCKS

love my gen3 23 got 2000 rounds and no malfunctions!!!!!!! it will eat anything i put through it. I had to put a couple mods to it like ext slide release, 3.5 lb connector, 6 lb trigger return spring, grip plug, hogue grip, s.s guide rod, mepro light tru glo night sights, and a good polish to the internals. The thing shoots like butter
    Glock 23 Gen3-- Mepro Light Tru Glo night sights-Polished Internals-3.5 lb connector-6 lb trigger return spring Extended slide release lever-Stainless steel guide rod-Pierce grip plug
    Glock 26 gen3--
    Pierce +2 mag extension w/ finger groove

Did you buy it with the sights installed? If so, what did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Congrats on a great pistol! I've always been intrigued by the 23, but when I had the option of picking up a Glock compact two years ago I went with the Gen4 G19 instead of the G23. Since then, I bought an HK USPc in .40...sooooo...I don't really NEED another .40...but everyone knows that NEED and WANT are two entirely different things!
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum ~ Μολών Λaβέ
    HK45c, Kimber Pro CDP II, Gen3 G19, Gen4 G19, Colt LE6920, Benelli SuperNova
    "In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links