Glock 26 Gen4 are they trouble free?

This is a discussion on Glock 26 Gen4 are they trouble free? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My Gen4 G26 scared me the first couple range sessions.... I had a stovepipe malfunction, a failure to fire (twice) and a double feed malfunction. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen4 are they trouble free?

Senior Member Array wheelyfun101's Avatar
    My Gen4 G26 scared me the first couple range sessions....

I had a stovepipe malfunction, a failure to fire (twice) and a double feed malfunction.
    I am a very experienced pistol and revolver shooter, so before anyone gets any "limpwrist" ideas....not!

I was using some cheap 115gr ammo (Remington UMC bulk pack) and also had some ejected brass to the head!

With my Speer Gold Dot 124gr ammo....not a single problem.

I have now run about 500+ rounds through my G26...and it is now trouble free! (even with cheapo 115gr ammo)

I have just ordered a bulk shipment of Speer Lawman 124gr ammo, along with some Gold Dot 124gr defense ammo...and will continue to run "hotter" ammo than the 115gr....

my G26 has the 336 ejector, but as someone stated earlier...in the subcompacts, the 336 seems to be working ok?

I say, GO FOR IT!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by genauwiedu View Post
    336 never caused a problem on Gen4 G26's
    Same here on my late manufacture Gen 3 G26...

To add to my previous post... Got curious and checked my 1994 vintage Gen 2 G19. Same 336 ejector. Again, never a problem with that one, either, after tens of thousands of rounds. The only thing(s) replaced on that G19 were the stock sights and springs. That's it...

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
    Well, watch out for the new design MIM extractor with the "dip" in the top. A lot of these are out of tolerances and causing failures to eject (mainly stovepipes) and random ejection patterns. Late Gen 3 G26s are affected, too. Never had any stoppages, but my new manufacture Gen 3 G26 threw brass all over the place but, most annoyingly, was the brass right to the face/forehead. Put a Lone Wolf machined LCI extractor on my G26 purchased last summer and now it's perfect. The dual recoil spring isn't an issue. It's still the same design from when the baby Glocks were introduced in early 90's. It's the new Gen 4 G17/19s that are having recoil spring issues. Why they moved away from the simple and stone cold RELIABLE single recoil spring, I'll never understand. I've heard "softer recoil", but anyone that thinks a G17/19 recoil is harsh shouldn't be shooting anything over .22 anyway.
    it happen to me..
    just had my new of the box g26 gen 4 made in usa.. shoot 400 ball amo and 500 reloads.. alternately.. around 10 pcs hit me in the face. but i guess it the reloads that hit me.

Well my experience with my G26 Gen 4 was the 336 ejector. I was constantly getting brass to the face and after upgrading to the 30274 ejector, I haven't had anymore issues. JME.

Nothing changed from Gen 3 to Gen 4 but the mag release.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Anyone else thinking of buying a Gen 4 Glock 33?
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

not here
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade906 View Post
    And back straps In the G26. The other Glocks got that and dual recoil spring.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade906 View Post
    Some late model Gen 3's and new Gen 4's have different ejectors and extractors, even in the G26. Also, the rail housing/molding in the frame is different in some of the newer Glocks, and of course there is that little bump on the trigger bar of the newer Glocks. I have confirmed this through my own older and more recently purchased Glocks.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

I've seen one G26 with erratic ejection issues. I swapped out the suggested parts and problem continued. Gun was sent back to the factory and replaced
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

My gen4 26 the first Glock iv ever had problems with, lots of ejection issues.
    Problems since have been corrected I edc my Wilson combats and use glocks for truck/home guns but its a real nice gun may be carried

The problems with Gen4 Glocks have been addressed and, to my knowledge, have been fixed. No gun maker is completely free of problems with all of the individual specimens of their specific makes and models. However Glocks are about as reliable as they come. No worries.

No hiccups of any kind, with a variety of ammo.

Anything mass produced and man-made can have flaws....you buys your ticket and takes your chances..but with the Glock you probably will not have issues......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links