Glock 26 Gen4 are they trouble free?

This is a discussion on Glock 26 Gen4 are they trouble free? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am going to purchase a G26 and just wondering if the gen4's are ok with no problems....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen4 are they trouble free?

Glock 26 Gen4 are they trouble free?

I am going to purchase a G26 and just wondering if the gen4's are ok with no problems.

2. Remove Ads

As far as I know they are-I know mine is. It has been my EDC for a year, not one issue. They use the same springs as Gen 3 G26's which have been trouble free. Maybe others can chime in with more specific info.
    Last edited by Aiko; March 22nd, 2012 at 01:20 AM.

Well, watch out for the new design MIM extractor with the "dip" in the top. A lot of these are out of tolerances and causing failures to eject (mainly stovepipes) and random ejection patterns. Late Gen 3 G26s are affected, too. Never had any stoppages, but my new manufacture Gen 3 G26 threw brass all over the place but, most annoyingly, was the brass right to the face/forehead. Put a Lone Wolf machined LCI extractor on my G26 purchased last summer and now it's perfect. The dual recoil spring isn't an issue. It's still the same design from when the baby Glocks were introduced in early 90's. It's the new Gen 4 G17/19s that are having recoil spring issues. Why they moved away from the simple and stone cold RELIABLE single recoil spring, I'll never understand. I've heard "softer recoil", but anyone that thinks a G17/19 recoil is harsh shouldn't be shooting anything over .22 anyway.

My manager purchased one as an ankle gun and more mobile option for long trips. The pistol was tested for reliability right out of the box with me jamming mags and someone else emptying it. We probably shot 200 rounds right off the bat with no failures. The pistol has had a few hundred more down the pipe and is as easy to shoot as a G19. The recoil spring assembly is the same used in past models and shouldn't introduce any new issues as seen on some of the larger framed guns. For whatever reason, the way the smaller, more aggressive grip relates to the hand makes shooting the Gen4 easier to shoot without any extensions than a Gen3 gun with an extended mag. I never really cared for subcompact guns until having the opportunity to bang away with this one and I think you and Glock have a real winner here.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Don't worry about it.

Gen4 26 hasn't had any problems like the 19/17 went through.

gen 4 G26 never had any problems. I got one of the first ones out and love mine.

take the plung... you want too

I got one a few months ago… I really like it… the only problem that I have had with it was some cheap wal-mart ammo… federal champion. Once I got away from that… NO PROBLEMS!!!! I love it!!!
    God made man……Sam Colt made them equal.

Beretta PX4 Carrier
    Fourth Gen Glock 26 Carrier

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by logan.hanes View Post
    I got one a few months ago… I really like it… the only problem that I have had with it was some cheap wal-mart ammo… federal champion. Once I got away from that… NO PROBLEMS!!!! I love it!!!
    Why would wal-mart ammo be an issue? I have been shooting the stuff out of my Glocks for 15 years. My g26, g19,g23 all shoot it no problem.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Probably the only thing to watch for is if you use some G17 mags. On my G27, I created an issue with G22 mags at the range by getting careless and getting a grip on the mag hanging out from the bottom which can cause a FTF.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Why would wal-mart ammo be an issue? I have been shooting the stuff out of my Glocks for 15 years. My g26, g19,g23 all shoot it no problem.

Federal Champion from walmart is bunny fart ammo. Loaded very weak. It shoots in my pistols but the brass just dribbles out of the ejection port.

It would be interesting to see if the federal champion today you buy at walmart is down loaded compared to a couple years ago.

open it up and see if it has the 30274 ejector,if so,your gtg!

Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    Federal Champion from walmart is bunny fart ammo. Loaded very weak. It shoots in my pistols but the brass just dribbles out of the ejection port.

It would be interesting to see if the federal champion today you buy at walmart is down loaded compared to a couple years ago.
    I have plenty of "today's" Federal Champion 9mm. Fires just fine out of my G19/17/26. The G26 is the newest of my Glocks, purchased last year and it's a late manufacture Gen 3.

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    open it up and see if it has the 30274 ejector,if so,your gtg!
    336 never caused a problem on Gen4 G26's

Quote Originally Posted by genauwiedu View Post
    336 never caused a problem on Gen4 G26's
    Yeah, I've never heard of an ejector being the problem. It's always the extractor with the G26s and both the extractor/recoil spring with G4 G19s...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links