Ruger Overwhelmed with Orders

This is a discussion on Ruger Overwhelmed with Orders within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now if Colt would lower their prices they would be sold out also....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Ruger Overwhelmed with Orders

Now if Colt would lower their prices they would be sold out also.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    yup....my latest Ruger addition has been ordered.....I have 4 others.....
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

USCG Veteran
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    This does not surprise me at all. They are in the perfect little spot with regards to this political climate and economic state. That "little spot" is to copy other manufacturers and typically sell that gun for cheaper then the original.
    That didn't take long, did it?

Actually, you must be talking about your beloved S&W...which copied Ruger's LCR (world's first polymer frame revolver) with their Bodyguard 38...and Taurus' Judge with their pathetic "Governor" (or whatever it's called)...and Glock with their Sigma (lawsuit) and again with their M&P...

And last I checked, a P3at was usually sold for less than the Ruger LCP. And the PF9 sells for less than the LC9. Hmmmm...maybe people are willing to pay a little more for Ruger's extra features, better quality, and better fit and finish. Imagine that.

No hate...just pointing out that the knife cuts both ways.
    Vaquero 45 and JD like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    They're backlogged also.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

One thing Obama can do ,,,,,, THE BEST GUN SALESMAN of the
    century.
    D1omedes and BurgerBoy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    I ordered a pair of 1911's in July. Still waiting.

I sent a Python in for refinish and was told to expect a 6 month turnaround.

Colt (from their perspective) doesn't need to lower its prices.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    I can hear everyone saying to their wives tonight "I better hurry up and buy that new gun now because they are running out fast!"
    Hehe, I'm not married but I ran out and put away a LCR .38 Wednesday after I read the article. I've wanted one for quite a while and this was just the impetus. I shall be picking it up tomorrow

This is good/bad news. Good because Ruger keeps coming out with innovative products that people want, but obviously bad because no new orders can be placed. But, I think it is an issue because Ruger keeps bringing out these new products and not fulfilling their previous orders. I know they could technically never fulfill all their orders, but the whole issue with the SR1911 is just ridiculous.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Seems like the LGS's are out of a lot of everything.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    That didn't take long, did it?

Actually, you must be talking about your beloved S&W...which copied Ruger's LCR (world's first polymer frame revolver) with their Bodyguard 38...and Taurus' Judge with their pathetic "Governor" (or whatever it's called)...and Glock with their Sigma (lawsuit) and again with their M&P...

And last I checked, a P3at was usually sold for less than the Ruger LCP. And the PF9 sells for less than the LC9. Hmmmm...maybe people are willing to pay a little more for Ruger's extra features, better quality, and better fit and finish. Imagine that.

No hate...just pointing out that the knife cuts both ways.
    The big difference between you and I is that I really don't care. Nothing I said was incorrect or not true. They are a copy cat firearms manufacturer and they tend to sell their firearms cheaper. The one example with Keltec is true, but that is about the only gun they copied in which is sold for more money. Think about that and let it sink in. Why would that be?

Ruger is just not really a quality or thought leader in of any firearm category except .22 rifles in which I do give them credit. This does not mean that they are junk and I don't think that by any means, there are just better choices in those categories if you spend a little more money. You and I are different and we are both allowed to have our opinions. I like many manufactures and don't carry a banner for just one or two. This is because I have quite a few firearms, and I tend to like certain brands in particular categories. To peg me as a S&W guy only, is not correct. I have Colts, Daniel Defense, Springer's, Sig's, Khar's, Remmington's, Mossberg's, Norinco's, Arsenal's. You would also be surprised that I even own more Glock models then you do...

(That last bit is not to brag, it's a joke because I am always accused of only liking M&P) LoL
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Sorry, I'm part of the problem! Bought two LC9s (one for me, one for my wife) and a New Vaquero in the past month. The two gun stores in this area are selling guns like crazy! Both stores have about half the inventory on display than usual. The guns I bought were the last ones at both stores, so I got them. Hopefully all the paranoia about Obama getting reelected means he will! He imposed NO restrictions on my gun ownership, got bin Laden killed (after George W. stopped looking for him), and supports the middle class over the rich. Maybe we can get rid of some of the tea baggers up for election also, se we can get something done for our country.

OD*
    Ruger is just not really a quality or thought leader in of any firearm category except .22 rifles
    Hamilton Bowen, one of, if not the very best, custom gunsmith's in the country, doesn't hold that same opinion of Ruger products. If you've ever followed CAS, you'd know they are the leader in the single action revolver category.

~ Tiger McKee

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Hamilton Bowen, one of, if not the very best, custom gunsmith's in the country, doesn't hold that same opinion of Ruger products. If you've ever followed CAS, you'd know they are the leader in the single action revolver category.
    You are correct and indeed I did forget single action as I do most of the time. I will still take a Colt though...
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Neutral on Rugers guns but I am thinking Ruger and Smith & Wesson will go gangbusters if the market keeps going up, and even if the market starts to slide (a bit). It may be time to consider their stocks, even though I sold my LCP and GP100. If Obama gets reelected, their orders will go through the roof compared to now.

OD*
    You are correct and indeed I did forget single action as I do most of the time. I will still take a Colt though...
    Yep, I have a couple Colt SAAs, but I use Rugers for the "heavy duty" .45 Colt loads, the Colt's just aren't built for that kind of abuse.

~ Tiger McKee

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Everyone should give themselfs a pat on the back for stimulating the economy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links