Defensive Carry banner

Ruger Overwhelmed with Orders

3K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  C hawk Glock 
#1 ·
#7 ·
A sign of the times ?
Same thing with Sig Sauer.. I ordered two new Sig's in January. Rec'd one of them a week ago and still waiting for the other.

#8 ·
Interesting.... If you look at Ruger's stock in '07, guess what you see? It starts a run-up around the end of March and peaks around the end of July. It starts coming back down and sets a new level around 10/31/07. My guess would be that the pattern will be slightly extended and not come down this time until 1/2013 since we have the preppers stuff going at the same time as the election.

#18 ·
This does not surprise me at all. They are in the perfect little spot with regards to this political climate and economic state. That "little spot" is to copy other manufacturers and typically sell that gun for cheaper then the original.
That didn't take long, did it? :rofl:

Actually, you must be talking about your beloved S&W...which copied Ruger's LCR (world's first polymer frame revolver) with their Bodyguard 38...and Taurus' Judge with their pathetic "Governor" (or whatever it's called)...and Glock with their Sigma (lawsuit) and again with their M&P...

And last I checked, a P3at was usually sold for less than the Ruger LCP. And the PF9 sells for less than the LC9. Hmmmm...maybe people are willing to pay a little more for Ruger's extra features, better quality, and better fit and finish. Imagine that.

No hate...just pointing out that the knife cuts both ways. :wink:

Reactions: JD and Vaquero 45
#10 ·
I have heard that S&W is now backlogged over 6 months for any M&P.

#12 ·
Not surprised... I just got an M&P 9 full size and it's a sweet shooter with great ergonomics!

#11 ·
I just realized I have five Ruger handguns. 2 LCP's, 2 SP-101's and a 3 inch Ruger Speed Six.

All of 'em are great, accurate, reliable shooters. Five guns I'll never get rid of.

#14 ·
Everyone should buy new guns... No need to be paranoid to get a new gun. Although it probably helps explain the purchase to the wife. :haha:

#22 ·
Hehe, I'm not married but I ran out and put away a LCR .38 Wednesday after I read the article. I've wanted one for quite a while and this was just the impetus. I shall be picking it up tomorrow :smile:

This is good/bad news. Good because Ruger keeps coming out with innovative products that people want, but obviously bad because no new orders can be placed. But, I think it is an issue because Ruger keeps bringing out these new products and not fulfilling their previous orders. I know they could technically never fulfill all their orders, but the whole issue with the SR1911 is just ridiculous.

#25 ·
Sorry, I'm part of the problem! Bought two LC9s (one for me, one for my wife) and a New Vaquero in the past month. The two gun stores in this area are selling guns like crazy! Both stores have about half the inventory on display than usual. The guns I bought were the last ones at both stores, so I got them. Hopefully all the paranoia about Obama getting reelected means he will! He imposed NO restrictions on my gun ownership, got bin Laden killed (after George W. stopped looking for him), and supports the middle class over the rich. Maybe we can get rid of some of the tea baggers up for election also, se we can get something done for our country.

#28 ·
Neutral on Rugers guns but I am thinking Ruger and Smith & Wesson will go gangbusters if the market keeps going up, and even if the market starts to slide (a bit). It may be time to consider their stocks, even though I sold my LCP and GP100. If Obama gets reelected, their orders will go through the roof compared to now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.