Someone please correct me if I am wrong >>>

This is a discussion on Someone please correct me if I am wrong >>> within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; On another post you will see that I recently put a Sig P250 on layaway which has a long but smooth DAO trigger that it ...

Thread: Someone please correct me if I am wrong >>>

Someone please correct me if I am wrong >>>

On another post you will see that I recently put a Sig P250 on layaway which has a long but smooth DAO trigger that it seems that many people hate. I was speaking with an old revolver guy when I was putting my P250 on layaway as he too was looking at one, and he said that in his experience that people that start out or practice with DAO triggers, that it can only improve your shooting skills with trigger discipline. I have also heard this from another retired LEO Sargent that was in the department for a long time and he too said that when he started out that all they had were S&W revolvers with the long heavy but smooth DAO triggers and that when they switched out to semi-automatics that many of the *old* timers were out shooting the *youngins* For the past few years I have been shooting with my Keltec PF9, P11, and S&W Bodyguard 380 and have really come to like shooting with it. Now I am not an expert like some of you all here, but I have seen that it does seem like it does improve my skills with my other pistols such as with my XD and DA/SA Sigs, etc. SO what do you all think ??? God Bless

2. Remove Ads

I looked into the platform some time back because I liked the concept. The real thing that threw me off the trail was that since the P250 hasn't been a strong seller, there are not many holster or other aftermarket options for it. I don't know if is still the case.

Lead Moderator
    I feel the DA type trigger takes more to master than a single action type trigger. You need to hold your sights on target through the trigger pull and DA takes a bit more to fire. Bottom line though DA or SA trigger , the more you practice the better you can get. Old timers having learned on revolvers may have more experience and trigger time than younger people.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I am just 'coming around' to the DAO concept for semi autos. In the past I've owned 45's, 9mm's .22's and all had DA/SA triggers. I ditched an LCP cause I hated the long pull on such a small handgun.

That said, I've recently purchased a Kahr CW9 which is DAO but with a nice smooth trigger pull and I LOVE it. Makes me think that in time I'll be a much better shooter as I grow ever more confident in DA shooting.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

I agree. I think the transition from DAO to SA is a lot easier to master than going from SA to DA/SA or DAO. I think it goes a long way toward explaining why so many 1911 fans can't seem to shoot anything else worth a darn, by their own admission.

(just a little fun...don't you 1911 guys go getting yourselves all worked up...)
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I agree. I think the transition from DAO to SA is a lot easier to master than going from SA to DA/SA or DAO. I think it goes a long way toward explaining why so many 1911 fans can't seem to shoot anything else worth a darn, by their own admission.

(just a little fun...don't you 1911 guys go getting yourselves all worked up...)
    There is some element of truth to your post, but i would have to say that I shoot my 1911's and S&W performance center revolvers better then anything else. Both have sweet triggers though.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by Okemo View Post
    I am just 'coming around' to the DAO concept for semi autos. In the past I've owned 45's, 9mm's .22's and all had DA/SA triggers. I ditched an LCP cause I hated the long pull on such a small handgun.

That said, I've recently purchased a Kahr CW9 which is DAO but with a nice smooth trigger pull and I LOVE it. Makes me think that in time I'll be a much better shooter as I grow ever more confident in DA shooting.
    For many years, I had semi's in both SA and DA/SA. When the DAO's started coming out in large numbers, I didn't really like the concept, and never even considered one for a long time.

My first DAO was a P3AT that I bought about 5 years ago. A good choice for deep CC, but I still wasn't crazy about DAO. I have since acquired two Kahrs - a CW45 and a CM9, and now I'm REALLY warming up to the DAO action! I find I can shoot it about as well as a SA, and the simplicity and clean lines make it a natural for a CCW. The Kahr action has arguably the best trigger out there, and I love it.

I will have more DAO semi's! Who knows, there might even be a Block in my future!

Regards,
    Jim

Links