Is this gun trade CRaZy?

This is a discussion on Is this gun trade CRaZy? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by azchevy I for one didn't get where I am at today by throwing money away. Honestly, I have no idea where you ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Is this gun trade CRaZy?

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I for one didn't get where I am at today by throwing money away.
    Honestly, I have no idea where you are today, nor if that's anywhere I'd want to be.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by RonCo View Post
    Is this gun trade CRaZy?
    ... I called him up and offered a 2-for-1 trade. My S&W Bodyguard .380 & S&W model 637 J-frame .38 special for his Glock 26. He took the offer and we'll do the swap soon...
    Probably so!

Why not sell the Smiths & buy a Glock outright? If your two Smiths are in decent shape, you should easily be able to get $300-$350 for each of them. Then you could go buy yourself the G26 for $500 and come out money ahead. Plus, you'd have a new, rather than used, G26. JMO

Regards,
    Jim

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Dealer costs: Bodyguard380 $300, 637 $310, Glock $440. If you're happy with it, go ahead. But he wins.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Yep.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by RonCo View Post
    Honestly, I have no idea where you are today, nor if that's anywhere I'd want to be.
    Not making decisions like you are.But if you like being where you are at, having to not be able to buy things you desire because you have bills... then by all means, throw money away. But hey if it works for you, and where you are is all good, why did you have to post on a public forum full of strangers to justify your existence and decisions?

It's my opinion that if u are happy than its all good! Ur a grown ass man with the right to make ur own decisions,so people that don't even know u criticizing u is their problem! And as for anyone thinkin they are better off than u...if they wer doin that well the loss of around $200 to be happy wouldn't bother them at all! In my experience people that have a ton of money don't mind " immature/amateur" spending of money if it makes them happy.

Congratulations on ur new gun!!!
    RonCo and Flatline74 like this.

Actually hammer, the only people who have a lot of money who don't care about throwing it away are professional athletes and music stars. The rest I know care where the money goes and that is how they are able to maintain their lifestyles. It is not about being better than anyone else. It is the simple fact that he asked if his trade which netted the other person 2-300 dollars was a crazy trade.... then when he got the response he didn't like, he took offense to that.

Same thing goes for the guys who come on here post that they are trying to choose between two weapons when they have already decided, then get all defensive when they don't get the justification they need. If you are on here asking it is because you have confidence issues and are in need of justifications for your actions.... otherwise you wouldn't be asking.

That is called character. If you can't handle the answer, don't ask the question.

VIP Member
    I would not make the trade, just me, I think it was good for you!

Azchevy
    I said that they don't care to spend or lose money if it makes them happy! I personally don't have a lot money being I'm still In school and only 22. But my dad and many family members are beyond what u would call well off. And none of them are concerned with money how they spend money when it comes to theirs or a loved ones happiness! I'm not saying they run around throwing away money for shits and giggles but if somethin makes them happy, they do it.

I will agree on ur point about people getting a lil to defensive or offended on them not getting the answers they want to hear.

VIP Member
    I would not have traded.
    But I am not you.
    You should have put a stipulation, that if your wife was not fond of the G26, you could undo the deal.
    No biggey.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by hammer2213 View Post
    Azchevy
    I said that they don't care to spend or lose money if it makes them happy! I personally don't have a lot money being I'm still In school and only 22. But my dad and many family members are beyond what u would call well off. And none of them are concerned with money how they spend money when it comes to theirs or a loved ones happiness! I'm not saying they run around throwing away money for shits and giggles but if somethin makes them happy, they do it.

I will agree on ur point about people getting a lil to defensive or offended on them not getting the answers they want to hear.
    I just feel that if he can't afford to spend 400-500 bucks due to bills, then he should be a little more careful with his dealings. Throwing money away is never good. He could have sold both pistols for 300-350 each, bought a used 26 for 4-5 hundred then had an extra 1-200 to spend on his bills. But he doesn't want to be where I am at so I suppose he is content with downgrading and losing money unnecessarily on tangible goods. I cannot see how having a certain weapon but being saddled with bills can make anyone happy..... but to each his own. Just my advice to him.... but he don't wanna be there.
    gasmitty likes this.

azchevy,

It's not what you say, but how you say it. Hey, if condescension and wild assumptions make you feel more like a man have at it. The internet is full of keyboard warriors.

I am sorry you didn't like what I had to say. I feel it is good advice.... but of course it is not what you wanted to hear. I'd rather be blunt than beat around the bush and be coy in my responses. I made no assumptions, you stated you had bills, you stated you can't afford to outright buy something... not me. But carry on. Good luck to you.

No insult intended here, but that was a bad trade on your part RonCo.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I'd have no problem trading something, or two somethings for something I want. As a matter of fact, I'm working on trading my wife for a Spike's Tactical AR...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Agave and RonCo like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links