My new Kimber SOLO CDP

This is a discussion on My new Kimber SOLO CDP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yep, just one mag. For the price like I said you should at least get another one included....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new Kimber SOLO CDP

Yep, just one mag. For the price like I said you should at least get another one included.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    very nice,

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Really Nice! Congrats!

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    I bought an Ultra Carry II a short while back.
    One mag there, as well.

Although I realize it is Kimber's budget 1911 line, two mags would be nice.

With the Solo CDP and its higher $ tag, I would think two mags would be a given. Oh, well.........

Extended Magazine

Talked to Kimber a few minutes ago. They have the extended magazine in stock. Won't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by TKSupport View Post
    Talked to Kimber a few minutes ago. They have the extended magazine in stock. Won't last long.
    Thanks for the heads up I will grab one.

I was surfing the web and saw this old thread and thought I'd reply. Great gun. I carry it every day. I have never had a problem at the range, not one ioda. I have a Tim Thurner IWB holster on order myself. Purchased two extra mags, one extended eight round and one six round, from my LGS, Palm Beach Shooting Center. Enjoy it, it's a great gun!
    Attached Images

Just got my Solo last week and it too came with one magazine (6). They make an 8 round magazine but it looks terrible....cheap and ugly.
    It is hard to believe that after making us pay a premium price for a very nice looking gun, Kimber would put forth little effort into extended magazine worthy of this gun.
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Congrats on the new Kimber. I really like the solo and wish I could find one locally. Sooner or later I'll add one to my stable too.
    I see you're in Georgia. Clyde Armory just got in a few Solo Carrys over the weekend. It's the first time I've held one. Nice gun! I like that the trigger is DA. I had the impression it was SA like a 1911. I'd rather not carry a SA pocket gun.

Quote Originally Posted by redbeardsong View Post
    I see you're in Georgia. Clyde Armory just got in a few Solo Carrys over the weekend. It's the first time I've held one. Nice gun! I like that the trigger is DA. I had the impression it was SA like a 1911. I'd rather not carry a SA pocket gun.

Love Athens....graduate of UGA (Go Dawgs!). Actually, the Solo trigger is NOT DA. And the gun does have a safety. But kept inside a good holster, I feel safe not using the safety and having chamber loaded.

"Kimber states that the Solo’s trigger is “single-action,” but in operation and feel it greatly resembles the Kahr. The Solo’s striker is pre-cocked by about 90% and the approximately ” length of pull completes the final 10% as well as depresses the firing pin block to allow the striker to fall. It is said that much of the “take-up” before the striker falls is the feel of the block being depressed...While the Solo is not a “double action only” design, it simply does not qualify as SA, as most of us understand that term. Like a true single action, there is no ability to trigger cock the piece or second strike capability, but neither is it DAO for the same reason." (from Chuckhawks review).
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links