Glock Gen 4 trigger pulls?????

This is a discussion on Glock Gen 4 trigger pulls????? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, So I wanted to post a few findings as I dive deeper into the Gen 4 world. My first Gen 4 was a G17, ...

View Poll Results: Glock Trigger Pulls

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Same pull weight as previous Glocks

2 11.11%
  • Early models do have a heavier pull

6 33.33%
  • Never noticed a difference

10 55.56%

Thread: Glock Gen 4 trigger pulls?????

VIP Member

Glock Gen 4 trigger pulls?????

Hi,

So I wanted to post a few findings as I dive deeper into the Gen 4 world. My first Gen 4 was a G17, the first thing I said was that the trigger pull was heavier then my previous Glocks. Then I got a G23 Gen 4 and I said the same thing, I also backed it up with a scale. Glock claims the Gen 4 trigger pull is 5.5 lbs, but I found mine was 6.5lbs. So recently I got a G19 Gen 4 which is a newer manufacture date, and guess what? It's lighter just like the old ones and pulled at 5.2lbs.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I've never been one to have issues with a heavy trigger as long as it's smooth. I have a new Glock 23 with a test fire date of 2/28/12 and the trigger is typical Glock, with just a bare hint of creep before a clean, crisp break.

I will say I haven't experienced any erratic ejection issues or malfunction. I think the Gen. 4's are perfected now, at least this one seems to be.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    I've never been one to have issues with a heavy trigger as long as it's smooth. I have a new Glock 23 with a test fire date of 2/28/12 and the trigger is typical Glock, with just a bare hint of creep before a clean, crisp break.

I will say I haven't experienced any erratic ejection issues or malfunction. I think the Gen. 4's are perfected now, at least this one seems to be.
    This has nothing to do with failures of any kind, it is just some of the differences in trigger pull. I would say you have a newer Gen 4 which is lighter like the previous gens.

Glock started putting a new connector (has a dot marking) in its Gen 4 models to get the trigger pull back down to approximately 5 pounds.

http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=236286&CAT=705

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    New gen4s now come with an updated connector, the "dot" connector. I find that the trigger pull is now actually less than a gen3.

Change out the trigger w/trigger bar for one without the hump on the side of the firing pin safety tab and it will lower the weight a little more. Do a polish job and it really tops it all off.

I did the above to my gen4 19 and it is by far the best non-competition glock trigger I have ever felt.

If you still own gen4 glocks without the dot connector, you can order the dot connector from glockparts

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Hi,

So I wanted to post a few findings as I dive deeper into the Gen 4 world. My first Gen 4 was a G17, the first thing I said was that the trigger pull was heavier then my previous Glocks. Then I got a G23 Gen 4 and I said the same thing, I also backed it up with a scale. Glock claims the Gen 4 trigger pull is 5.5 lbs, but I found mine was 6.5lbs. So recently I got a G19 Gen 4 which is a newer manufacture date, and guess what? It's lighter just like the old ones and pulled at 5.2lbs.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have a Gen4 G26 and the pull is slightly heavier then my Gen3 G19. I'm ok with that. It doesn't affect how I shoot them. In fact I think I shoot the G26 better so i'll leave it as is.

If you think it will make you shoot it better, change the connector.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

VIP Member
    My Gen4 19 came with a slightly heavier pull than my Gen3 17.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chasbo00 View Post
    Glock started putting a new connector (has a dot marking) in its Gen 4 models to get the trigger pull back down to approximately 5 pounds.

GlockParts.com - Product Detail - Glock O.E.M. Gen. 4 Dot Connector - $9.95
    Thank you! This pretty much answers it all right here. I did the .25 cent trigger job on my G23, but had not done it on the newly acquired Gen 4 G19. I honestly have to admit that I my not have even seen that tiny dot on the connector. The newer Gen G19 has a nice trigger out of the box.

Links