Sig Sauer's *UNDER-RATED* Single Stack 45 ???????>>>>>>>

Sig Sauer's *UNDER-RATED* Single Stack 45 ???????>>>>>>>

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer's *UNDER-RATED* Single Stack 45 ???????>>>>>>> within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at a LGS yesterday looking at their 45 display case and something caught my eye. Now there was a Glock 36 in the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TNJohn

Thread: Sig Sauer's *UNDER-RATED* Single Stack 45 ???????>>>>>>>

Thumbs up Sig Sauer's *UNDER-RATED* Single Stack 45 ???????>>>>>>>

I was at a LGS yesterday looking at their 45 display case and something caught my eye. Now there was a Glock 36 in the display case too so I looked at both of them. This Sig and the Glock 36 seemed to be about the same size and also holds 6+1. This Sig Sauer single stack 45 was only $430 !!! Now you are probably wondering what SS-45 is this made by Sig, well it is the Sig Sauer P250 45 subcompact. I just looked up the specs of this and its competitors and here they are:

Sig Sauer P250 45 subcompact
    • Length: 6.7inches
    • Width: 1.1inches
    • Height: 4.7inches
    • Barrel Length: 3.6inches
    • Weight: 24.9ounces with magazine
    • Capacity: 6+1

Glock 36
    • Length: 6.77inches
    • Width: 1.13inches
    • Height: 4.77inches
    • Barrel Length: 3.78inches
    • Weight: 20.11ounces - I do not know if this is with or without the magazine
    • Capacity: 6+1

Springfield Armory XD-S 45
    • Length: 6.3inches
    • Width: 1.0inches
    • Height: 4.4inches
    • Barrel Length: 3.3inches
    • Weight: 21.5ounces
    • Capacity: 5+1

I already have a P250 9mm subcompact on layaway but am now thinking that maybe I should also get this SS-45 as it feels just as sweet. I know that many people have complained about the long but sliky smooth DAO trigger of the P250, but I am just guessing that these people that complain are not used to the DAO feel and can not shoot it well. Just my opinion, but it seems like the Sig Sauer P250 45 Subcompact is a very under-rated pistol. I wonder why it is not as popular to people as some of the others,again I am guessing it is the trigger. I know it can't be the size as it is just about the same as the very popular Glock 36 and a smidge larger than the new Springfield Armory XD-S 45. Does anyone here have one that can share their experiences with it with us please !!! God Bless
    Last edited by VBVAGUY; March 25th, 2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Added more info

I thought about the G36, but didn't feel the slight extra thickness of the G30 was an issue. I'd rather have the extra capacity and the ability to use G21 mags. I really would not get any of those choices you listed. JMHO - I know there is a lot of love for the G36 here.

These single stack .45s aren't really all that small, and they are of limited capacity. I'd rather have a higher cap 9mm. For the size difference between a G36 and a G19, I'd take the G19. Between the G19 and G30...it's more of a toss-up. I like 'em both.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I've tried to like the poly SIGs, but I just can't. Maybe a 2022. I'm stuck on the p series. After the 238, a 220 carry is looming. But I know a couple of guys who run 250s, and they sure like 'em.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I thought about the G36, but didn't feel the slight extra thickness of the G30 was an issue. I'd rather have the extra capacity and the ability to use G21 mags. I really would not get any of those choices you listed. JMHO - I know there is a lot of love for the G36 here.

These single stack .45s aren't really all that small, and they are of limited capacity. I'd rather have a higher cap 9mm. For the size difference between a G36 and a G19, I'd take the G19. Between the G19 and G30...it's more of a toss-up. I like 'em both.
    For the first time in a long time I really do agree with you. I just can't justify a G36 when at the same size I get a G23 or G19.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    I was at a LGS yesterday looking at their 45 display case and something caught my eye. Now there was a Glock 36 in the display case too so I looked at both of them. This Sig and the Glock 36 seemed to be about the same size and also holds 6+1. This Sig Sauer single stack 45 was only $430 !!! Now you are probably wondering what SS-45 is this made by Sig, well it is the Sig Sauer P250 45 subcompact.
    Are you sure the gun you saw in the shop was the .45 SUBCOMPACT ?

I ask because no one else on all the gun boards I read has reported SEEING one in a gun store yet.

There are NONE listed on the Gun Auction sites either.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Yes it was indeed a subcompact. From my limited research, I think they just came out earlier this year so they are in hot demand for the people looking for them. I am seriously thinking of putting this one on layaway too.

***Here is a link to someone that either purchased one or was able to get the 45acp subcompact caliber exchange kit for the P250, which is also hard to find.
    http://www.p250sig.com/forum/default...g=posts&t=3121

God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post
    Are you sure the gun you saw in the shop was the .45 SUBCOMPACT ?

I ask because no one else on all the gun boards I read has reported SEEING one in a gun store yet.

There are NONE listed on the Gun Auction sites either.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I have waited and waited, and the long promised 45 Sub has finally arrived apparently. I thought that Sig had actually scrubbed their efforts to develope that gun, and so last year I bought a 250 subcompact in 40 cal. It has been my main carry until very recently (I bought a PPS). I still love the little Sig, and having 10 round mag as opposed to 6 of 45acp makes me feel quite confident. When my dress allows I will carry the 250 over anything.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    p250 is not underated at all.its really not a great SIG

The 250 trigger is a gigantic turd.
    azchevy likes this.

Links