.32ACP Guardian vs. P-3AT?

This is a discussion on .32ACP Guardian vs. P-3AT? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What's "better" for back pocket carry, in your opinion? I can probably get away with this thread still being a newbie. Thanks....

Thread: .32ACP Guardian vs. P-3AT?

.32ACP Guardian vs. P-3AT?

What's "better" for back pocket carry, in your opinion? I can probably get away with this thread still being a newbie. Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Of those 2, the 3AT. Make sure it passes the reliability test.
    Carry 24-7 or guess right.
    NRA Life Member/TSRA Life Member
    Texas CHL Instructor. www.pdtraining.us

Most people seem to really like the 3AT. It has a lot going for it, very thin and lite, Browning locking system vs. blow-back helps reduce felt recoil. Of the two guns you mention the 3AT is a better caliber. Having said that, I have personally gone with North American in .32 and .380. I just prefer the quality and workmanship of the stainless steel little guns. Yeah, they cost more and weigh more, but for the pride of ownership factor they won me over. The Kel Tec's felt and looked cheap. Just my $.02. They have all worked well for me.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Air,Land&Sea View Post
    What's "better" for back pocket carry, in your opinion? I can probably get away with this thread still being a newbie. Thanks.
    I doubt it - get away with it that is. But, all attempts at humor aside, I think you'd be better off with a more effective caliber. There are some pretty small and compact 9mms, even .45s available these days. Of course they may not fit as conveniently and comfortably in a pocket, but is a .32 or .380 really the gun you want to have in a gunfight? Just my thoughts.

Good point. I do have a S&W 637 for the front pocket and a few 9mm's and an Alessi PCH inbound for my 5" 1911. I'm fairly new to CCW, but will figure it out soon enough. Thanks.

I've yet to see a "pocket pistol" that was durable.

I have nothing against the 32acp caliber, but I have issues with most semi-autos smaller than a Sig 239 or G26.

New to CCW? Did you move from NJ?

I'd go with the NAA.

Less weight has it's limits even in those 2 calibers.

I know 2 people, both LEO's that hade a breakage and a catastropic failure respectivly that have made me leary of this pstol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Young View Post
    I've yet to see a "pocket pistol" that was durable.

I have nothing against the 32acp caliber, but I have issues with most semi-autos smaller than a Sig 239 or G26.

New to CCW? Did you move from NJ?
    Hey Jamie. It's me, Cory. We just celebrated 2 years here in the United States. I went from being angrily fingerprinted just to be able to ask for permission to buy a firearm to being greeted by a smiling older woman with a CCW application.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Depends a LOT on your size and the size of your wallet! The P3AT will feel lighter, be LOTS thinner and w/the right wallet holster it'll be much more like a wallet, However, the idea of sitting on a loaded gun is well

If you really want to do that, then I think the NAA .380 is a better choice since it's all metal. i have to think the Keltec P3AT will take a beating after awhile due to the stresses put on it.

Consider how a stuffed wallet looks after a while. Now imagine which gun can absorb more of that stress? Of course the NAA will seem like a chunky small brick in your back pocket.

My opinion (doesn't mean anything) would be to seriously cosider front strongside carry. I carry there all the time and believe it to be easier on the gun and more accessable.

God Bless
    Gideon

Ex Member Array Ghost Who Walks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Air,Land&Sea View Post
    On a slightly different tack, the correct answer to your question is, 'An EMPTY pistol.'

(The back pocket is often preferred by people who want comfort over security and a well-concealed draw.)

Links