Ruger LCP Extended Mags...

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP Extended Mags... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have recently purchased a Ruger LCP .380 and have searched high and low for a "sleeve" to slip over the 10rd mags available. Found ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Ruger LCP Extended Mags...

Ruger LCP Extended Mags...

I have recently purchased a Ruger LCP .380 and have searched high and low for a "sleeve" to slip over the 10rd mags available. Found them for Glocks and M&Ps and SA includes them with there compact pistols... But are they available anywhere for the LCP?

Heres what I'm talking about: Smith&Wesson M&P | XGRIP

I'm wanting the factory stock in the gun during carry but have the 10rd with the grip mod as a spare...

Has anyone seen anything like this?

2. Remove Ads

Sorry none that I know of. You might want to ask or check in the Elsie Pea Forum. I hope this helps. God Bless

Elsie Pea Forum - The #1 Ruger LCP Owner Forum and Information Source

some are saying a pc of tire tube works well

Doesn't a 10 round mag negate the LCP's main function of being highly concealable?
    Diddle and claude clay like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Just my opinion but after 4 years with a LCP as both primary and backup carry, I think it is best to carry extra ammo and bypass the extended magazines. The LCP is one of the up close and personal pistols and best suited for personal defense where only a few shots may fired to stop the threat. If you feel you may encounter a situation where a number of shots would be fired (and who really knows this ahead of time) I would look for a G26/G27 or comprable pistol. The XD40 comes to mind.

JMHO

Regards!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I would think that if anyone needed an extra three rounds in an LCP during a gunfight ... that person would be in serious, serious, trouble.

Matter of fact, anything more than BANG, BANG BANG ... and then running away and calling for help - and the shooter is probably going to be in serious trouble.
    What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.

Howdy!

I have extended ten round magazines for my Kel Tec P3T and also North American Arms Guardian. I prefer to carry each with the extended Magazines and have no problem concealing them with the extended Magazines. The extended magazine makes them more comfortable to shoot also especially the NAA Guardian. Unknown why they have not come out with the extended Mag's for the Ruger lcp.

"Happy Trails"
    chiefneon

I have the promag ten round mag. Its length makes it a nice spare mag bc I can grab it easily. I have never seen a sleeve online but live without it. My ten rounder functions well
    MisterAvis likes this.
    SA XDM Compact 9mm...that's my edc.... now proud owner of a ruger lcp
    And a Ruger 10/22......
    Jan 2012- got myself a mosin
    To be purchased next in unsure orderr: shotgun, ar, .45(1911 and other), revolver

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    buy small, make tall

im sure there is a logic.....

quite sure....

--------------
    its generally the butt thats hard to hide ( note to self--rephrase)
    so its a trade off: short, slim and fewer shots vs
    slim and long and more shots but harder to hide
    or short and fat ( see note) and more rounds.

cause they make something for everyone, many will throw lots of money at finding whats 'percect'
    vs whats darn good and most often--good enough.
    good enough that is for those willing to practice enough.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Never understood the thought process of putting extensions on a compact gun.
    First Sgt likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

The longer mags make sense as a reload/spare mag. In that situation, there is no concern about concealment. The cat is out of the bag, so to speak.

I don't know about others, but I was always trained to reload after a situation was resolved - just in case it wasn't.

Think about it. You have 6+1 in your LCP. You fire...you're not sure how many shots. You can see you have a round in the chamber. Do you stand there, as a possibly hostile crowd gathers, with only maybe 1 or 2 shots in your gun as you wait for the police to arrive? Or do you reload, just in case?

Back to the OPs question - I have not seen a sleeve for the extended mags for the LCP. Sounds like a business opportunity...
    Bark'n likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

It's a little off topic ... but I just got back from the range where I shot the heck out of a buddy's Taurus TCP and I actually liked it better than my LCP. He had some ten round mags for it and they functioned fine and seemed to fit that little pistol better than I can imagine an extra four rounds in an LCP mag.
    What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.

.. people that don't get it.. I'm SURE.. are not carrying a back up mag (or three) for their primary carry. RIGHT?? RIGHT?? So... being that most ultra-concealable autos are of limited capacity relative to other autos... wouldn't you carry a backup mags with more capacity than the standard mag? I do.
    Bark'n likes this.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

I carry the P-238 with the seven round mag. The little extension on the 7 round mag makes this little .380 a better gun. The standard mag is 6 round so you don't gain much in firepower but it makes a lot better grip.
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

Quote Originally Posted by MisterAvis View Post
    .. people that don't get it.. I'm SURE.. are not carrying a back up mag (or three) for their primary carry. RIGHT?? RIGHT?? So... being that most ultra-concealable autos are of limited capacity relative to other autos... wouldn't you carry a backup mags with more capacity than the standard mag? I do.
    Yep, when I carry my XD9sc, I carry it with the 10 round flush magazine. I also carry one or two of the 16 round mags with the grip extensions for my reloads. No sense in carrying 10 round reloads.
    MisterAvis likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links