Decision Time

This is a discussion on Decision Time within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Illusive Man azchevy, can you explain your response. I'm looking for some imput before making this decision, so I need answers from ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Decision Time

Quote Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
    azchevy, can you explain your response. I'm looking for some imput before making this decision, so I need answers from folks who know more than I do.
    He's referring to the Metal Injection Molding parts that you find in Kimber and a lot of other firearms. (and implying it makes them 2nd rate in the class they are supposedly in) I like my kimber a lot. I bought it because one of my shooting buddies used to bring his out and I really loved it... but I've never heard that before... really damn funny lol.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Mudgen View Post
    It sounds like you're getting what you want, in excellent condition, for a competitive price. Can't do much better than that. Report back when you've been to the range with it, please.
    I'm going to detail strip it and clean it real good and I'll have it on the range on Saturday morning. I'm sure the gun will more accurate than I am!!
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    IMHO, Kimbers are just too expensive when you consider the other offerings available. I had my eye set on a Kimber but after shooting one and then shooting a Springfield 1911A1 Mil-Spec seen below, I settled on the Springfield and saved enough to get some ammo as well as some other accessories for my AR. I am completely satisfied with my decision.
    SA 1911.jpg
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I was mistaken, it is the Compact CDP II with a production date of April 2006. Upon inspection the gun as very clean with no scratches. I picked it up on Monday and ordered some additional mags and a Silent Thunder holster. Here is a pic of it.

i-PtBTTRz-XL.jpg
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
    What would you suggest (I'm open to suggestions since this would be my first 1911 and don't want to overlook anything before I spend my hard earned cash).
    Go with a Kimber and never look back. I edc my Kimber Ultra Covert II and every now and then swap it out with my Crimson Pro Carry II. Neither have ever failed to fire,feed, or extract. Kimber is as much worth their prives as Springers,Colts,Wessons and the others.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links