LCP Epic Fail due to Squib Load! - Page 2

LCP Epic Fail due to Squib Load!

This is a discussion on LCP Epic Fail due to Squib Load! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is the first time that that this ever happened to a firearm. Wow, who would of thunk it. Very informative. OP.. I have an ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: LCP Epic Fail due to Squib Load!

This is the first time that that this ever happened to a firearm. Wow, who would of thunk it. Very informative. OP.. I have an LCP.... Should I sell it? Scrap it? quick ... get it off my hands, it's dangerous because this link tells me so. Lol
    genauwiedu likes this.

Title is not just a little misleading... It's totally misleading. Which leads people to believe there is something wrong with the gun. Not a good thread title. Fixed it for ya.
    QKShooter likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Title is not just a little misleading... It's totally misleading. Which leads people to believe there is something wrong with the gun. Not a good thread title. Fixed it for ya.
    Thank you! I totally agree with you on that.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Considering all that went wrong it worked out pretty good.
    Has nothing to do with a LCP or any other weapon. A cheaper one may have cause more of an injury.

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar
    Been reading about some problems with Winchester across the board.

How true is this? I only handload these days -- for everything I have except rimfire -- and that would surprise me a bit. Winchester has always been good QC-wise.

I'm needing to pick up new carry ammo for the .45 and have been carrying PDX1. However, I might have to go to Hornady or Gold Dot if rumors turn out to be true.

Thanks!

Josh

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    saying that, in training you should never shot faster than you can stop (between shots)

would not have helped this person. when shooting one can not afford to be
    out-to -lunch. save that bit of thoughtlessness for after the guns are put away.

squibs, hang-fires...misfires are all taught in basic pistol classes cause they happen
    often enough that one must be alert to it happening.
    and know how to re-act...cease fire and investigate.

mindlessly recharging the gun bespeaks a person whose training is on the shallow side of the learning curve;
    or who just plain fails to pay attention to what they are doing--
    something that is counterproductive when one is in proximity to a gun.

something perhaps that has happened once to some, but seldom twice
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

That's why I don't use WWB. It's more expensive than federal champion, yet doesn't work as well.

I ran thousands of rounds of FC through my guns, no problems, ran it through my M&P a few times and got a double charged round.

Why pay MORE for an inferior product?
    It's better to prevent a crime, than to punish it.

The gun was damaged due to Ignorance,Anytime a round sounds different,has less recoil,or no recoil you need to stop shooting,clear the gun and inspect the barrel for any obstructions.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

With the internet today give me any subject, any weapon and round any brand and I will find posts about how bad it is or some strange failure they think is happening everyday.
    Heck if I found any truth in what I read about my HD I would take it out and shot it.
    But of all the things I read that could go wrong by people that have no miles on the one they have with all the problems mine has a lot of miles never one issue.
    Same with weapons most issue are user caused. Then posted up looking for an excuse.
    I have had older autos that did not like CCI ammo that kind of stuff happens from time to time.
    A barrel blowing up due to a second round hitting one stuck in the barrel has nothing to due with the weapon. And little to do with a round that failed.

Quote Originally Posted by genauwiedu View Post
    I've always wondered how squib loads have enough power to eject and load another round. A lot of times guns stove pipe just from budget range ammo that is a little underpowered.
    I've never heard of or seen a squib cycle the slide. I do see them fairly often in the practical games. The shooter thinks its a malfunction and cycles the slide. Luckily I've never been shooting or ROing when a gun asploded. I've either stopped the shooter in time or the squib bullet wasnt deep and prevented the second round from chambering.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links