Is the Kahr PM9 really that much better than the CM9?

This is a discussion on Is the Kahr PM9 really that much better than the CM9? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Kahr has an instructor sales program. I got my PM9 for $410, direct from Kahr to my FFL. Might be worth taking an NRA instructor ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Is the Kahr PM9 really that much better than the CM9?

Kahr has an instructor sales program. I got my PM9 for $410, direct from Kahr to my FFL. Might be worth taking an NRA instructor class...
    C hawk Glock likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

2. Remove Ads

Save the $200 and go with the CM9. Then order a nice ccw holster, 200 rds of ammo, and take the wife/girlfriend out for a steak dinner.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProton View Post
    I have a CM9 and could not be more pleased. It is a great gun at a fair price. I highly recommend it. Mine has over 500 rounds through it and it has been flawless.
    Same here. You won't be dissapointed.
    Brian
    Walther PPS
    Glock 19
    Smith & Wesson 642
    Kahr CM9
    Kel-Tec P-3AT

My final thought is, get whichever you truly want - you won't remember what you spent the difference on a year from now.

KSP
    If you get the pm9 and like it, you'll be glad you sent a few extra bucks. If you get a cm9 and like it, you'll like the holster and ammo and steak dinner you got with it.....

Win-win!
    Kilowatt3 likes this.

eb
    I've shot both, and saw no reason to spend the extra money. The most expensive Kahr I have (MK9) is actually the only one that ever gives me problems oddly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by eb View Post
    I've shot both, and saw no reason to spend the extra money. The most expensive Kahr I have (MK9) is actually the only one that ever gives me problems oddly enough.
    Really? Is it an A or C serial? I have a C and have had 0 issues at all.

Sent using Tapatalk on Android

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    PM9 vs CM9

PM9 = "Fancy engraving" (I forget the terminology, sorry I'm in IT not machining)
    CM9 = "Cheap engraving" (I forget the terminology, sorry I'm in IT not machining)
    I believe the terms are "machine engraved" for the PM9 and "roll stamped" for the CM9. I happen to be a machinist ;)
    Gunga Galunga

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    I have anCW9.........I like it alot but its design is flawed IMO.........the rails are 100% plastic
    and that irks me......it is NOT what I would call a gun that will last forever - I would like to see some
    sort of metal up front holding down my slide......Squeeze the trigger and the slide jumps up because of the clearance on the slide to frame relation
    Gun shoots and goes bang but could be better - PM9 I have notseen taken down so I cant comment but I would assume it has a real rail

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Up to each individual to make that call - PM9 vs CM9
    PM9 = Machined slide release
    CM9 = Injection molded slide release

PM9 = Dovetail front sight
    CM9 = Pinned front sight

PM9 = Night sights option
    CM9 = No night sights option (factory)

PM9 = 2 magazines
    CM9 = 1 magazine
    Those ^ are the differences that would matter to me.
    I would pay more for the machined slide stop if injection molded is MIM.
    I want night sights on a carry gun.
    I would want a minimum of two magazines anyway and they are at least $35 (I think).
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

I truly appreciate all the advice and shared experiences. The best advice is probably that which ever I get, it won't be long before the price isn't an issue, but I'll always know how much I like the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnycrocket View Post
    I have anCW9.........I like it alot but its design is flawed IMO.........the rails are 100% plastic
    and that irks me
    ......it is NOT what I would call a gun that will last forever - I would like to see some
    sort of metal up front holding down my slide......Squeeze the trigger and the slide jumps up because of the clearance on the slide to frame relation
    Gun shoots and goes bang but could be better - PM9 I have notseen taken down so I cant comment but I would assume it has a real rail
    If you take your CW9 apart, you will see metal rails embedded into the frame in the front and rear. They are not plastic.

You should know where they are, because they should have a bit of lube on them.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I don't think you could go wrong with either. The PM9 is a nicer gun, but functionality wise, they are identical in performance. If I had the choice between the two, I would buy the PM9 simply because I'm a big fan of the black DLC finish.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I like my PM9.

As a owner of 5 Kahr pistols. I have 2 high end ones a K 9 and a PM40 and 3 of the so called econo ones, a custom E 9, a modified CW9 and my latest a CM9 and I have put plenty of rounds through all of um. IMO, my E 9 is the sweetest outa all of um. The rest all perform pretty much the same as far as accuracy and function. The one I carry pretty much on a daily basis is my CM9. IMO it's the perfect CC pistol. I have key holed many a target at the 25' mark with it. The PM9 s and other higher dollar models are nice to own, but when it really counts the looks won't add to the accuracy, or lethality for the pistol.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links