Beretta Nano Guys...or Girls If There Are Any Here - Page 4

Beretta Nano Guys...or Girls If There Are Any Here

This is a discussion on Beretta Nano Guys...or Girls If There Are Any Here within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK I was out with the Nano and my friend thought we should give it another try. We shot another 150 rounds and there where ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Beretta Nano Guys...or Girls If There Are Any Here

OK I was out with the Nano and my friend thought we should give it another try. We shot another 150 rounds and there where only a couple of FTE's. We switched ammo and it seemed to help. He shot the gun exclusively and other than a few hang ups it preformed well. My hand is still too big for the gun and it feels a little awkward in it. I have ordered the extended magazines, but I will still use my Glock 23 as my carry gun for now. By the way it is for its size very accurate.
    Fatman2

All guns need to have a little break in time to smooth out any rough parts. I have to admit that before I even fired mine, I polished the feed ramp, chamber and the plunger sear. I love mine. Shoots great, carries well, and has enough power to be a real defensive round. I also stippled the grip to make it easier to hold the little thing.

Re: Beretta Nano Guys...or Girls If There Are Any Here

Highly recommend talon grips. Really help keep the gun in the same place during multiple shots. I've got the rubber ones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

So far my Nano has been great. Granted, I only have 107 rounds through it. I got a chance to take it to the range on Friday and put 100 rounds of PMC Bronze 124gr FMJ and 7 rounds of Winchester PDX1 124gr +p JHP. All fed and ejected flawlessly. I hope to try some Federal or Winchester 115gr soon to see if this one encounters the ejection issues I have heard of with 115gr ammo.
    Now the holster dance begins.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by SnoMan97 View Post
    So far my Nano has been great. Granted, I only have 107 rounds through it. I got a chance to take it to the range on Friday and put 100 rounds of PMC Bronze 124gr FMJ and 7 rounds of Winchester PDX1 124gr +p JHP. All fed and ejected flawlessly. I hope to try some Federal or Winchester 115gr soon to see if this one encounters the ejection issues I have heard of with 115gr ammo.
    Now the holster dance begins.
    I've shot both the white box Winchester and the federal in 115 gr with my Nano .. zero issues :)

Game Changer-

Just got an email from Beretta my extended mag for my Nano was on its way ! Now think of this, 8 plus one in the pipe ...:) that's nine shots for a micro compact . For me that is a great trade for a little longer mag :) And now I have a place for my poor pinky. Win Win Bu-9ExtMag.jpg
    Philly Boy likes this.

u guys tried this laser yet? how good is it? Beretta BU Nano Laser CENTERFIRE LaserMax

And..... you guys think using a slightly weaker recoil spring will solve those FTE's when using lower grain bullets? i didn't get a single FTE's using all other 115gr EXCEPT Blazer Brass 115gr. Moment I popped one, FTE'd. 3 times in a row. Stay away from Blazer Brass.

RAL
    In the mail today, I received my Crimson Trace Laser Guard. I am very pleased with it! I have aimed the laser so I do not see it when I aim with my sights. It is just slightly below. I can aim with my sights without being distracted by the laser or use the laser depending on the situation. It is interesting to aim quickly without using any sights and then turn on the laser and see how accurate my aim was. Great tool!
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

Any reasons why you chose the crimson over lasermax? Did you have to do any zeroing? What is its default zeroed at?

I bought the Nano as a backup gun. I carry it every once in a while. Like most Beretta pistols, I find the trigger takeup to be waaaaaaaay tooooo long. I almost have to back up a joint on my trigger finger to maintain a good grip. I deal with it, because it isn't a primary carry piece. I really wish Beretta would fire their lawyers and come up with a trigger with shorter pull and a shorter reset.

I really want one of these guns. Not necessarily because I like it and thinks it's the right gun for me. I mainly want one just so I can clean the hell out of it before shooting it and then see if I have any of the failures that so many people are reporting.

RAL
    Quote Originally Posted by 02R1 View Post
    Any reasons why you chose the crimson over lasermax? Did you have to do any zeroing? What is its default zeroed at?

I went to the gun store and held two of the same pistol, one with a Crimson Trace, and the other with a Lasermax. With the CT I liked the ability to have the laser turn on automatically when I take a firm grip on my pistol (middle finger turns it on) where with the Lasermax I had to make an extra move with my finger in front of the trigger guard to turn it on, something that might be difficult to remember do in an emergency. Also, with both turned ON, side by side, the CT was noticeably brighter.

It comes zeroed for 50’ but adjustments (up/down & left/right) are very easy to make. I will leave it at the 50’ mark as the difference on a target between a 20’ and 50’ target is small and I don’t want to see the laser when I’m shooting with my sights.

If I think just a little, I can keep the pressure off the switch, aim, and then apply pressure to turn the laser on to see how accurate my aim is.

I shoot very well with my sights. The laser is a great tool for low light and odd angles.

Crimson Trace also gives you free batteries for life so when you see the laser getting a bit dimmer, all you have to do is tell them, and they will send you another battery.

I have used lasers to exercise my dogs for years. When the laser starts to look a bit dimmer, it is very noticeable, and there is still a lot of time before the laser fails.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

337 rounds through my 6 month old Nano. No failures of any type, and I don't recall any trigger grittiness, even when it was new.

Just for kicks, here's my round count through 7 range sessions.............

American Eagle 124 grain FMJ 139
    Winchester 127 grain +P+ JHP 73
    Corbon 115 grain +P JHP 26
    American Eagle 115 grain FMJ 15
    Winchester 115 grain +P+ JHP 14
    CCI Blazer 115 grain FMJ 10
    Fed Champ 115 grain FMJ 10
    Winchester NATO 124 grain FMJ 30
    Speer Lawman 124 grain FMJ 20

RAL
    Any of you have a picture of the Nano sporting the new extended mag?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links