Beretta Nano Guys...or Girls If There Are Any Here - Page 5

Beretta Nano Guys...or Girls If There Are Any Here

This is a discussion on Beretta Nano Guys...or Girls If There Are Any Here within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have one of the new colored ones?...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Beretta Nano Guys...or Girls If There Are Any Here

Anyone have one of the new colored ones?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

You should check out Welcome to the Beretta Forum if you haven't already. lots of good info on the Nano over there.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by RAL View Post
    Any of you have a picture of the Nano sporting the new extended mag?
    Not my pic, but here ya go.

Philly Boy likes this.

RAL
    Thank you Spiff P239. It looks a lot more like it's part of the gun than some other extended mags.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

I like the extended magazines. I'm going to have to pick up a couple of those for my Nano. And as for the trigger, mine was never "gritty" but it took me a while to get used to it. I like the Nano now that I've put some rounds through it. It's a nice, compact carry pistol that works flawlessly.
    Cheers!

Joe
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

Just yesterday my local range sponsored a Beretta event, complete with Beretta reps and their trailer. I had the chance to fire the Nano for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised to find the recoil quite manageable for its size. Frankly, the recoil was less than some 380s I have fired. However, I was not all that happy with the trigger. There is a long pre-load, feeling almost springy. With practice I am sure I could get used to it, but it did set me back a bit on the gun. As to shootability, at close range, ten feet or less, I believe it would be fine. I was not so pleased as I increased my range to 7 yards and then 10 yards. However, I understand this is not a target gun. Just my initial impressions.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

I am waiting to get my Nano. I did get a chance to handle a few at different shops. I did find the triggers to feel a bit gritty but then again, I have a SIG 1911 and that trigger was like sand paper, until I cleaned it up and shot a few hundred rounds thru it. Now it's like butter. so I believe after proper break-in the trigger will be just fine.

The reset on the trigger is LONG as is the pull, but there is a little bit of take up and the pull is consistent, so staging it will be no problem for me.

My concern is the grip size. My hands are medium sized, though I still had only a 2 finger grip on the Nano when I held it. Perhaps with a "point and shoot" hold I bet I will do just fine.

Overall I am psyched to get my Nano and will provide a range report once I get it all cleaned up...and all dirty again...

Don't have one YET, but I want the FDE version to go with my XD9SC OD Green beauty. Can't wait to get it!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I've been wanting to fondle a Nano for a while and I finally got to (a pink one, no less ) yesterday at my LGS. The trigger was smooth (not gritty) and long. But it broke clean like my Glock. I liked how de-horned and clean the gun is externally. The thing that set me back was how top heavy and unbalanced the Nano felt -- too high of a bore axis. It just didn't feel right in my hand.
    Last edited by krisspy; December 13th, 2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Spelling

RAL
    Krisspy,
    I suspect when you were handling it, it was clear/safe. When it is fully loaded, the balance is very nice IMO.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Quote Originally Posted by RAL View Post
    Krisspy,
    I suspect when you were handling it, it was clear/safe. When it is fully loaded, the balance is very nice IMO.
    That's true. Empty mag.

Santa delivered my Nano extended mag a bit early but nothing says Merry Christmas like a Nano with an extended 8 round mag Man my pinky finger is so happy !Eight plus one in the pipe in a micro compact ...
    photo9-10.jpg

RAL
    Cheesewiz or anyone else with the Nano extended mag . . . how is it in the concealing department. I would think it would have a greater tendency to stick out.

Are the extended magazines available at LGS? I need to look into getting a couple of them!!
    Cheers!

Joe
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

With such limited availability it guess it depends on your LGS. I had to go direct to Beretta, put my name on a email list and jump on it ASAP cause several times they sold out in less than a day .

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links