Beretta Nano Guys...or Girls If There Are Any Here - Page 6

Beretta Nano Guys...or Girls If There Are Any Here

This is a discussion on Beretta Nano Guys...or Girls If There Are Any Here within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; They're back in stock again (the extended 8rd mags). I ordered two on Sunday and yesterday they shipped out UPS. http://www.berettausa.com/products/b...s-ss/jm8nano9/...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Beretta Nano Guys...or Girls If There Are Any Here

They're back in stock again (the extended 8rd mags). I ordered two on Sunday and yesterday they shipped out UPS.

http://www.berettausa.com/products/b...s-ss/jm8nano9/

Bingo ! :)

Quote Originally Posted by krisspy View Post
    I've been wanting to fondle a Nano for a while and I finally got to (a pink one, no less ) yesterday at my LGS. The trigger was smooth (not gritty) and long. But it broke clean like my Glock. I liked how de-horned and clean the gun is externally. The thing that set me back was how top heavy and unbalanced the Nano felt -- too high of a bore axis. It just didn't feel right in my hand.
    Feels okay to me when fully loaded.. the bore axis is higher than i am use to, but will all good. Get the diamondback if you want a Glock like bore axis, but that thing is a jam 'omatic according to reviews.

I stopped at one of the shops here in the area today and, lo and behold, they had the extended magazines on the rack. Now I have two of them for my Nano! They feel good in the hand. Can't wait to see how they feel at the range!
    Cheers!

Joe
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

Got my FDE Nano and love it. Now to get some of the extended mags!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Beretta Nano Guys...or Girls If There Are Any Here

I have the Nano and the LC9, like them both, and have around 1,000 trouble free rounds through each. The Nano is very accurate and takes less practice than the LC9 to maintain my desired proficiency. The trigger is very good and I find the sights are easier to pick up than the LC9. I like the feel of the LC9 better in my hand, but the extra weight of the Nano makes recoil a little easier on the hand.

Breakdown for cleaning is easy for both. I like the extra round the LC9 has over the Nano. The dimensions don't seem that different, but I find the LC9 to be easier to conceal. I usually pocket carry both, but notice the additional weight of the Nano more than the LC9.

For me, I like both and rotate both in my carry. Sometimes I pocket carry the Nano, and ankle carry the LC9. The LC9 seems to be more comfortable on the ankle.

My recommendations; if you don't intend to shoot often, go with the Nano. If you are not accustomed to double action revolver type triggers, go with the Nano. If you are going for maximum concealability in a 9mm and practice often, go with LC9. Other wise it comes down to availability, price, and ultimately how it fits in your hand and calls to you.

Hey Nano people look what I found ....the goodies are starting to become available ......and we can change these very easy. Part of this gun I like so much :)

photo9-11.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesewiz View Post
    Hey Nano people look what I found ....the goodies are starting to become available ......and we can change these very easy. Part of this gun I like so much :)

photo9-11.jpg
    These will be the next purchase for my Nano. I have heard good things about them. Just remember to apply the blue loctite on the grub screws.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    I bought one of these several months ago and got one with the gritty trigger. I haven't shot it yet (I just ordered a holster) but I have been dry firing it every now and then. The trigger smoothed up after about 2 - 300 pulls (w/snap caps) and is as smooth now as anything else I own.

The trigger actually seems a lot like the Kahr P9 I used to own with a long smooth pull and a long reset. It's kind of like a Smith J-Frame except you don't feel the various cam surfaces engaging during the pull.

I know Beretta had some problems early on, the serial number on mine is 018XXX, and I'm hoping they got things sorted out by then. We'll see.

Jim

Ordered my NS from Beretta and they came MINUS the rear sight! Finally got a CS guy who knew what he was talking about and he is sending me a new kit: he said to keep the original, so now I will have a replacement front sight if ever needed. Thanks, Beretta!!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

P.S. For those looking for a good price on the Nano, go to Armslist.com. I've seen several dealers list it for around $ 385.00

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    P.S. For those looking for a good price on the Nano, go to Armslist.com. I've seen several dealers list it for around $ 385.00
    That's a good price I paid $388 for mine :) which I thought was great . Under $400 for a handgun of this quality is a great thing

I paid 369.00 from Buds.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by SnoMan97 View Post
    I paid 369.00 from Buds.
    Never bought from Bud's or anyone like them.

Was your $369 in front of any transfer fees? If so, what did the fee / fees total?

Quote Originally Posted by Boozehound View Post
    Never bought from Bud's or anyone like them.

Was your $369 in front of any transfer fees? If so, what did the fee / fees total?
    Buying from Buds is pretty easy. That cost is paying by money order. They have a slightly higher cost for CC orders. The price is before transfer fees but included shipping. The transfer fee is added on by your chosen FFL that Buds will ship to on your behalf. My particular FFL only charges $25.00.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thomas Jefferson

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links