Beretta px4 .45

This is a discussion on Beretta px4 .45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody have it? I was making a decision to buy the Taurus 1911 but found the px4 on Bud's for a great price. I love ...

Thread: Beretta px4 .45

Beretta px4 .45

Anybody have it? I was making a decision to buy the Taurus 1911 but found the px4 on Bud's for a great price. I love the Beretta brand but also really wanted a !911. Does anybody have experience with both of these pistols?

2. Remove Ads

I have been tempted to buy one for a long time.

The problem I have with non 1911 45s is that the grip always ends up being JUST slightly too big for my hands. I've tried a USPc 45, HK45, HK45c, Cougar 45. In all of them, the longer grip (front to back - to accommodate the longer cartridge) just makes the grip SLIGHTLY too big for my hands. The 9mm version of the same gun (the Cougar and the 9mm USPc) fits my hand perfectly.

Only 45 grip that works for me is the 1911. After going down this road so many times before, I've been hesitant to buy the 40 cal PX4 (I have one in 9mm). Sometimes, these guns feel okay in the gunstore to me. But once I have them a while and shoot them a few times - that's when I discover that the grip isn't my fav.

I do have a 9mm PX4, and it is a great gun.

I would suggest going ask some on the Beretta Forum. Lots of PX4 owners there

I had a Px4 45 for a couple months. I've always loved Beretta's but i never really took a liking to this one. It just felt too dam big and bulky. I'm a big guy with big hands and it just never felt right to me. I ended up trading it in.

I also had a Sig 1911XO that I loved and wish I had never traded. Sweet shooting gun.
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

I wish I could give you a complete answer. I have the PX4 9mm and the PT1911 .45. I think for me they are just a totally different feeling and handling guns. To say one is "better" than the other is pointless. They just are very different. I have several thousand rounds through the Beretta and love it and use it for competition. I only have about 700 rounds through the Taurus and really enjoy it! In June I will use it in IDPA CDP class....I'm really looking forward to that! Both guns point and shoot beautifully! If the Beretta feels a little bulky try it with the included small back strap. I say toss a coin, buy one then save your pennies and get the other when you can. Can't have too many guns! Good luck with your decision. Speaking of these I'm off to clean them and my GSG 1911/22 after a day at the range.

I have the PX4 in 9mm and love it… the rotating barrel is amazing. I've shot the 45 and really enjoyed it.
    God made man……Sam Colt made them equal.

Beretta PX4 Carrier
    Fourth Gen Glock 26 Carrier

Thanks for the replies! I really think I'm going to go with the Taurus after all. The whole point of me deciding on a .45 is because I've always had plastic guns and wanted a 1911. As for how they both feel, I like them equally as much as the other, and as far as how they look, they're both beautiful pistols.

The Beretta PX 4 Storm .45 is my EDC, and I swear by it unapologetically. There are many Beretta haters out there, but my M9 served me well, and the Storm has been absolutely flawless thus far. Buy it, and be well served.

Links