TSD Tier 3 gen4 17

TSD Tier 3 gen4 17

This is a discussion on TSD Tier 3 gen4 17 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; PICS AT POST #9 Just thought I'd post a few thoughts (yeah, they're gonna be random thoughts, didn't do my thesis outline). Yesterday midmornin', my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: TSD Tier 3 gen4 17

TSD Tier 3 gen4 17

PICS AT POST #9

Just thought I'd post a few thoughts (yeah, they're gonna be random thoughts, didn't do my thesis outline).

Yesterday midmornin', my LGS guy calls me and tells me my pistol is in. He says the good news is its in and it is niiiiiice. Bad news is he ain't lettin' it outta the shop. He is a trusted friend, and I had given him the go ahead to open the package and check out the gun has he had never really seen optics on handguns other than competition stuff. I get shopside around 5pm, and another shooter buddy of mine has actually beaten me there to get a look as well. After all the parties had a chance to 'violate' my pistol, I completed my paperwork and skated to a local indoor range.

Wow. Just wow. I never really gave electronic optics on a fighting/defensive pistol a passing thought before. Man, what I've been missing! Including targets. For those who don't know, a TSD Glock is a Glock pistol sporting a Trijicon rmr02 sight. The optic has been set in a recess milled into the slide, and suppressor sights have been installed to back up the dot, should it go down. The supressor sights are clearly and easily co witnessed in the bottom 1/3 of the window. The Trijicon's red dot sits atop the post sight, and is quickly and easily seen when the pistol is leveled.

Brief, scattered Range Report:
    300+ rounds. Everything from some cuh-rappy 115grn tmj, to 124gr GDHP, to 147gr tmj, Silvertips, Rangers, all the way up to some nasty 115gr +p CorBons.
    Needless to say, its a Glock.

Actually, its my gen4 22 frame with the internals swapped out w the new 17, and the TSD slide. Why? Well, cause I'd already done a little 'dremmel-fu' and gotten the 22's frame just like I liked it. So rather than '-fu' up another frame, I just swapped out the whole trigger mechanism, and put on the 17 upper. I put one of Cope Reynold's Glock 'reset practice' triggers in the 17's frame, as I will use that for draw and dryfire practice (just pull the TSD slide off the working gun, place it on the 'trainer frame').

I've got a daylight range trip scheduled for next week, at which time I'll perform my final settings to the rmr, should it need any. I've always kinda seen two different groups when guns are shot at an indoor range and then outdoors. I don't know if its the light, or the shadows or what. So, I don't confirm zero till I've shot outdoors.

Anyways, that's the best I can do right now. IF I can answer any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

dan
    Last edited by jdsumner; April 1st, 2012 at 08:39 PM.
    Rotorblade likes this.

VIP Member
    Congrats Dan. Keep us informed of how it does. Did you get a holster also and do you plan to carry it?
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Pictures!

tacman,
    I've been carrying a g23 or 22 in a Dale Fricke ArchAngel for about a year now. Believe it or not, I've found a full size pistol just as comfy as a 23, hence the migration to the g17TSD.
    The TSD rides in Dale's Seraphim holster, aiwb designed specifically for rmr'd pistols.

pics tomorrow in the sunshine, promise.

dan

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I've been carrying a Fricke Arch Angel/G23 set up as well; Phenomenal AIWB holster.

Keep us informed of how it does. Did you get a holster also and do you plan to carry it?

tease. where are the pictures?

My EDC is a G26, also milled by TSD.

They have to be tried to really be appreciated.

dan

Very nice. I like the mix of technology and see this gaining popularity in the future. Quick acquisition and great accuracy.

VIP Member
    Good looking rig.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I've seen some guys consistently hitting out at 100+ yeards with a TSD RMR'd Glock.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

I don't have a TSD Glock but I do have a FNP-45 Tactical with a Trijicon RMR and everything that can be said about the Glock applies to the FNP except it does it with 15+1 rounds of .45acp.

Fitch likes this.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Great looking guns guys. I am envious for sure!

Boy that FNP is sweeeeetttttt.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links