Charter Arms 40 S&W Pitbull

Charter Arms 40 S&W Pitbull

This is a discussion on Charter Arms 40 S&W Pitbull within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone here have any experience or further info about the Charter Arms Pitbull series? Another member posted a link to a review on it ...

Thread: Charter Arms 40 S&W Pitbull

Question Charter Arms 40 S&W Pitbull

Does anyone here have any experience or further info about the Charter Arms Pitbull series? Another member posted a link to a review on it in the Law Enforcement section.

New Charter Arms Pitbull .40 S&W Revolver Review | ThinBlueFlorida.com

I'm getting more and more into shooting revolvers and may consider a Pitbull in the future. I already have two SP101s in 9mm and want to get a GP100 someday.

The concept of the Pitbull using rimless ammo without moon clips sounds like a great idea, I'm wondering how well it works in reality.

Any info is appreciated about the Pitbull.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I know that they have made announcements and then pulled them several times over 2 or 3 years, maybe longer with out actually releasing them. Don't know what the problem was. The binding in double action is troubling to me. I'm not a gunsmith but to me if they are using an existing frame model, I would think the only change needed would be the retaining mechanism on the cylinder and maybe the length of the firing pin for reach. The hanging up of ejected rounds could also be problematic for reloads during urgent social encounters.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

A female officer I know recently purchased one and likes it. But I don't put alot of weight on what she says, as I doubt that she has really put it through it's paces... She showed it to me, and from what I can see, the extractor places tension on the rounds via a spring of some sort. Complete extraction may not always be accomplished and may require manually removing a few here and there.

It's really to big and heavy to use as a backup weapon, and I'm not impressed by the feel of the trigger.
    However, I just never really liked the CA revolvers period.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Any other opinions out there?
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I would probably load it with .357 SIG Glasers and keep it strategically stashed in my car.

Accuracy should be acceptable at in your face distance.

A bit more pop than a .38 special for sure.

Would be a nice gun for boating as well.

Sponsored Links