Charles Daly Hi-Power

Charles Daly Hi-Power

This is a discussion on Charles Daly Hi-Power within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just picked up a Charles Daly Hi-Power clone in a trade this last weekend. I have to say it is a very nice clone of ...

Thread: Charles Daly Hi-Power

Charles Daly Hi-Power

Just picked up a Charles Daly Hi-Power clone in a trade this last weekend. I have to say it is a very nice clone of the Browning HP. The main difference is the CD-HP has true cut novak sight dovetails.

Have only shot one magazine through the gun as I am low on 9mm ammo at the moment, but she never missed a lick. Was shooting at a bleach jug about 25 yards and the XS big dots line up fast but will take some getting used to.

I traded a RIA full size model with bobtail and trijicon night sights for the HP clone. Though the CD-HP feels as heavy as the 1911 did I think it is a really nice piece and fits my holsters for the 1911.

I think I am going to like this one.

The gun I traded.

The gun I got in the trade--Charles Daly Hi-power!

I'm already liking this pistol, though I want to replace the bobbed hammer on it eventually.

I made a mistake and passed on a Daly HP at Bass Pro a couple of years ago for $350....now they are discontinued. FEG of Hungary used to make a HP clone, but they went out of business a long time ago. Who made the Daly HP? I can still kick myself for not jumping on one NIB when I had the chance.

This FEG HP clone is a great shooter, and I would carry it, but the bluing is just so pretty I hate to scratch it. You don't see this kind of finish on many guns today.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigrat View Post
    Just picked up a Charles Daly Hi-Power clone in a trade this last weekend.
    I'm already liking this pistol, though I want to replace the bobbed hammer on it eventually.
    That spur hammer on the current HPs can bite you

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    I like the grips on the RIA.

I'm really liking this HP clone. I wouldn't mind maybe some Esmerelda grips for it. Course I wouldn't mind the same style grips on the HP that was on the 1911.

The spur hammers can be shortened in length so not to bite you. I have a Officer model RIA that I shortened the hammer and the grip safety to mimic a Detonics. I don't have any problem with hammer bite on it. I would just like enough hammer to get my thumb comfortably on it if I need to.

Nice FEG HP you have, it looks nice. I know I am liking mine allot, and wondering why I waited so long to try a HP out.

Sponsored Links