Charles Daly Hi-Power

Charles Daly Hi-Power

This is a discussion on Charles Daly Hi-Power within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just picked up a Charles Daly Hi-Power clone in a trade this last weekend. I have to say it is a very nice clone of ...

Thread: Charles Daly Hi-Power

Charles Daly Hi-Power

Just picked up a Charles Daly Hi-Power clone in a trade this last weekend. I have to say it is a very nice clone of the Browning HP. The main difference is the CD-HP has true cut novak sight dovetails.

Have only shot one magazine through the gun as I am low on 9mm ammo at the moment, but she never missed a lick. Was shooting at a bleach jug about 25 yards and the XS big dots line up fast but will take some getting used to.

I traded a RIA full size model with bobtail and trijicon night sights for the HP clone. Though the CD-HP feels as heavy as the 1911 did I think it is a really nice piece and fits my holsters for the 1911.

I think I am going to like this one.

The gun I traded.

The gun I got in the trade--Charles Daly Hi-power!

I'm already liking this pistol, though I want to replace the bobbed hammer on it eventually.

I made a mistake and passed on a Daly HP at Bass Pro a couple of years ago for $350....now they are discontinued. FEG of Hungary used to make a HP clone, but they went out of business a long time ago. Who made the Daly HP? I can still kick myself for not jumping on one NIB when I had the chance.

This FEG HP clone is a great shooter, and I would carry it, but the bluing is just so pretty I hate to scratch it. You don't see this kind of finish on many guns today.

"Said I never had any use for one.....never said I didn't know how to use it. " Matthew Quiqley

Quote Originally Posted by Rigrat View Post
    Just picked up a Charles Daly Hi-Power clone in a trade this last weekend.
    I'm already liking this pistol, though I want to replace the bobbed hammer on it eventually.
    That spur hammer on the current HPs can bite you

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    I like the grips on the RIA.

I'm really liking this HP clone. I wouldn't mind maybe some Esmerelda grips for it. Course I wouldn't mind the same style grips on the HP that was on the 1911.

The spur hammers can be shortened in length so not to bite you. I have a Officer model RIA that I shortened the hammer and the grip safety to mimic a Detonics. I don't have any problem with hammer bite on it. I would just like enough hammer to get my thumb comfortably on it if I need to.

Nice FEG HP you have, it looks nice. I know I am liking mine allot, and wondering why I waited so long to try a HP out.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links