Kimber Pro Carry 2 vs. Ultra Carry 2 - Page 3

Kimber Pro Carry 2 vs. Ultra Carry 2

This is a discussion on Kimber Pro Carry 2 vs. Ultra Carry 2 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by joleary223 Nice looking pistol. The only things I changed on mine were the grips, it wears sand VZ operators now, and I ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Kimber Pro Carry 2 vs. Ultra Carry 2

Quote Originally Posted by joleary223 View Post
    Nice looking pistol.

The only things I changed on mine were the grips, it wears sand VZ operators now, and I installed an Ed Brown flat mainspring housing.
    Yea, VZ's are on my list of "upgrades". For now though she looks pretty good to me.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by qcatrader View Post
    The Sig Ultra 1911 is great. I traded my CDP II for my Sig - not disappointed at all!

JR
    Never shot a CDP II but I can vouch for the Sig Ultra. It's my EDC. Looks great and shoots great.

I carry my Kimber Pro Carry II Stainless almost every day. It is easy to conceal, comfortable to carry, and a joy to shoot at the range.

I added Trueglo TFO night sights, Crimson Trace laser grips and Kimber Pro 8 round mags. I have a hard time imagining a better carry set up.

Quote Originally Posted by normAK View Post
    I carry my Kimber Pro Carry II Stainless almost every day. It is easy to conceal, comfortable to carry, and a joy to shoot at the range.

I added Trueglo TFO night sights, Crimson Trace laser grips and Kimber Pro 8 round mags. I have a hard time imagining a better carry set up.
    I was looking at tru glo night sights last night on ebay. They were $79 vs $150 for Trijicon. Do you like the trueglo's?

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I was looking at tru glo night sights last night on ebay. They were $79 vs $150 for Trijicon. Do you like the trueglo's?
    From the price you mentioned I don't think they could have been TFO's (fiber & tritium), they are probably Brite Sights.
    Products and Services | TRUGLO, Inc.

I am very pleased with both the daytime and night time visability of the TFOs.

Quote Originally Posted by normAK View Post
    From the price you mentioned I don't think they could have been TFO's (fiber & tritium), they are probably Brite Sights.
    Products and Services | TRUGLO, Inc.

I am very pleased with both the daytime and night time visability of the TFOs.
    Yes, but it says they are tritium.

TRUGLO TG231K BRITE-SITE TRITIUM NIGHT SIGHTS KIMBER 1911 GREEN FRONT GREEN REAR (788130120279) | eBay

What holster are you going with?
    You sat shorts and tee 70%
    I have a Kimber Pro Raptor II and looking for a holster yet. LOVE mine.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHMASTER View Post
    What holster are you going with?
    You sat shorts and tee 70%
    I have a Kimber Pro Raptor II and looking for a holster yet. LOVE mine.
    Currently I am using a tandem of a custom piece from K.C. Gunleather (see pic) and a modified Galco King Tuck (modified meaning it was built for my M&P but I remolded it using hit to fit the Kimber.

K.C. Gunleather is for sale in another thread. It is brand new and a great holster, but just not for me. It is on par with Sparks and has adjustable cant (end sales pitch)
    Attached Images

Put the first 125 rounds through the gun today. 100 WWB 230gr and 25 remington golden sabre 185gr +P hollow points. Not one failure of any kind. Just shooting perfection. Also, I used only the stock Kimber magazine. The accuracy is incredible. Pic is my very first 7 shots at 15 yards. WOOT!
    Attached Images

Congrats on the new Kimber.
    One of the fundamental truths of the universe is that there isn't anything that cannot be improved with the addition of pirates, ninjas, strippers, midgets or monkeys.

"A car door is not cover. In fact a car is not cover. Cement is." - military contractor in Iraq 2004

Regardless of what you decide, let us know how it works out. I'm about to trade up to a Kimber and I'm inclined to go with the Pro Carry because the 4" barrel may be a little more reliable and it has full-sized grip. I've carried Colt Officer sized and Colt Full-sized in the past. Carry a 4" Springfield right now and feel it is a good compromise. I carry every day in a Milt Sparks Versa Max and have no trouble with concealment.
    Retired Combat Infantryman, Ranger, Special Forces, Master Parachutist, Pathfinder

Oderint Dum Metuant

Springfield M1A Scout and M4 (Zombie Apocalypse), Remington 870 (Home Defense), Kimber Pro TLE II (EDC), Sig P238 (BUG)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links