Springfield vs. Sig

This is a discussion on Springfield vs. Sig within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ironmike86 Me to The grip safety doesn't bother me. i don't like the high line of sight Springfield has. Grip feels good ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Springfield vs. Sig

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    Me to The grip safety doesn't bother me. i don't like the high line of sight Springfield has. Grip feels good just seems top heavy. The M&P feels so good in my hand. Haven't shot one yet but I'm interested and made in USA is always a plus. I only like the more expensive Sigs not there budget polymer ones. JMO
    The grip safety is just an unnecessary safety in my eyes. But either way the M&P looks like it is a winner.

2. Remove Ads

Let me just say that through my many years of owning firearms, I tend to favor Swiss/German engineering to be top of the line. Handguns and rifles. I'm a big fan of Mauser actions. I'm also a fan of Glock pistols. Swiss/German engineering has been top notch for a very long time. Personally, I think the foreign countries don't succumb to marketing, material or supply pressures we have here in the US or our contracts with overseas suppliers. Anyone who's been closely connected with the firearms business or those whom seek quality small arms will be able to tell you who does the best job and puts out the best product. Most foreign countries have a record when it comes down to military firearms, manufacture, deployment, and end results. Foreign countries see a lot more attempted breaches of security than we do here. I personally like to go with the battle proven firearms that are quality made by the well experienced manufacturers of the world. Time tested and battle proved. Maybe the same reasons I like a Kalashnikov over a Colt? Survival means doing the best you can to live. Living means picking the best you can to survive. Springfield vs SIG? Simple answer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    The grip safety is just an unnecessary safety in my eyes. But either way the M&P looks like it is a winner.
    The grip safety doesn't bother me because I have 1911's with them. I CCW a Glock 27 or 23 usually. I was looking at new guns and thought I would try a Springfield because the grip felt real good when I held it and looked down. But when I sight it in to me it doesn't feel balanced. My Glocks feel balanced and the grips I don't mind. But The M&P feels really good. But don't know to much about those YET.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Let me just say that through my many years of owning firearms, I tend to favor Swiss/German engineering to be top of the line. Handguns and rifles. I'm a big fan of Mauser actions. I'm also a fan of Glock pistols. Swiss/German engineering has been top notch for a very long time. Personally, I think the foreign countries don't succumb to marketing, material or supply pressures we have here in the US or our contracts with overseas suppliers. Anyone who's been closely connected with the firearms business or those whom seek quality small arms will be able to tell you who does the best job and puts out the best product. Most foreign countries have a record when it comes down to military firearms, manufacture, deployment, and end results. Foreign countries see a lot more attempted breaches of security than we do here. I personally like to go with the battle proven firearms that are quality made by the well experienced manufacturers of the world. Time tested and battle proved. Maybe the same reasons I like a Kalashnikov over a Colt? Survival means doing the best you can to live. Living means picking the best you can to survive. Springfield vs SIG? Simple answer for me.
    I will raise my hand and admit German/Swiss engineering respect! love the stuff....
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I have a couple of XD's that I really like as striker fired pistols. I also have a Sig SP2022 in 9 mm which is comparable being a polymer frame but is hammer fired. I would go to battle with either one. I do seem to like the Sig trigger better and hammer fired guns are kind of how I am leaning at this time. My favorite is still my 1911 when it comes to pure shooting.
    ironmike86 likes this.

Shot both and now own an XDM compact 9mm. I put the thicker backstrap on (comes with three sizes) and now she is a steady eddy when shooting.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I own a P229 and XD Service .40, the Springer is mostly a HD gun, the P229 has being replaced as primary carry with a G23 due to weight/thickness. I will say I much prefer the ergonomics/feel and looks of the Sig over the XD; both have been utterly reliable with a nod to the Sig for accuracy.

Both are fine defensive weapons and either will serve you well.

I have a Springer XD Sub Compact 9mm and a 1911 .45 full size. Both are flawless. I can handle the recoil on both and even the longer DAO pull on the XD. They operate quite differently from one another. My gunsmith changed out the sights to trijicon for the XD. I EDC the XD IWB at 3:30 and it conceals well until shorts and tank top season. I also like the flexibility of the high capacity XD mags. The new, yet-to-be-released XD Slim .45 is on order. If it's as good as I suspect it will be, it will be primary EDC. Upgrading to a .45 EDC has been on my wishlist for awhile.
    I think you will like the XDs, if you choose to go that route.
    Carpe Diem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links