Should I Trade?

Should I Trade?

This is a discussion on Should I Trade? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Really wanting to trade my SA XD in 357 sig for a Kahr P45. Opinions? The XD is a great pistol but its full size ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By glockman10mm

Thread: Should I Trade?

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar

Should I Trade?

Really wanting to trade my SA XD in 357 sig for a Kahr P45. Opinions?

The XD is a great pistol but its full size does not lend itself to being a edc weapon.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Anything is better than the XD in my opinion. I would rather have a G26 or similar sized M&P than the Kahr.
    Mike1956 and oneshot like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Anything is better than the XD in my opinion. I would rather have a G26 or similar sized M&P than the Kahr.
    Got a G27 in the family.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    If you don't mind the thickness of the G26, G27 I think that would be an excellent choice. To me, Kahr is like Kimber with regards to price. Just to expensive for what you get.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Looking more input directly involving my topic.

Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    My nephew carries a FS M&P.40
    He is 5f 6in, apprx.135lb.s

If you shoot the XD well, keep it.
    I am not nuts about them, but then, I'm a S&W kinda guy.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    Only you can answer if the XD is the right gun for you. If in your opinion it isn't then by all means get what you feel is right. I have a Kahr CW45 that I carry daily and have absolutely no complaints with it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Have you tried any of the compact M&P's as Glockman (sorta') suggested?
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberpackn View Post
    Looking more input directly involving my topic.
    Well, I would say it depends. Me, I'd trade for the Kahr P45 (Had one). But, do you already have a full size gun? You state you already have a Glock 27. The P45 is going to be shorter, lighter, & thinner, but a little taller than the G27 (If you don't carry your 27 with pinky or +2 extensions). If you do carry the 27 with extensions, then the P45 is going to be a little smaller & lighter than the 27. That's a good thing for concealment with lighter clothing & probably more comfort for long hours of carrying.

On the XD .357 that you currently have, do you or did you carry it much? If you didn't, then I'd say the P45 for sure. If your goal here is a CC gun, then the P45 would be my choice between the 2.

I think others are trying to suggest options to you. I take it you could opt to trade the XD for anything else, right? Reading both of your posts, are you saying that you want a CC gun & you're asking if the P45 is a good gun for that? If that's what you're asking (Specifically about the Kahr P45), then I'd say yes.

Hope that helps & good luck with whatever you choose.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Quote Originally Posted by cockedlocked01 View Post
    Well, I would say it depends. Me, I'd trade for the Kahr P45 (Had one). But, do you already have a full size gun? You state you already have a Glock 27. The P45 is going to be shorter, lighter, & thinner, but a little taller than the G27 (If you don't carry your 27 with pinky or +2 extensions). If you do carry the 27 with extensions, then the P45 is going to be a little smaller & lighter than the 27. That's a good thing for concealment with lighter clothing & probably more comfort for long hours of carrying.

On the XD .357 that you currently have, do you or did you carry it much? If you didn't, then I'd say the P45 for sure. If your goal here is a CC gun, then the P45 would be my choice between the 2.

I think others are trying to suggest options to you. I take it you could opt to trade the XD for anything else, right? Reading both of your posts, are you saying that you want a CC gun & you're asking if the P45 is a good gun for that? If that's what you're asking (Specifically about the Kahr P45), then I'd say yes.

Hope that helps & good luck with whatever you choose.
    My edc is my Kimber Ultra Covert II 45 acp. I tried carrying the xd 357 sig. But, it is way too heavy. Made the trade for the Kahr tonight. Range report to follow.

Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    good luck
    looking forward to the report!

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I agree completely with this. I was not a fan of my XD. I'd stick with a Glock. However, the M&P and Kahr are decent handguns.

Sponsored Links