Diamondback DB9 Long Term Review

This is a discussion on Diamondback DB9 Long Term Review within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I posted a long term review of the Diamondback DB9 here: Diamondback DB9 Long Term Test and Review | ThinBlueFlorida.com It has held up very ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Diamondback DB9 Long Term Review

Diamondback DB9 Long Term Review

I posted a long term review of the Diamondback DB9 here:

Diamondback DB9 Long Term test and Review | ThinBlueFlorida.com

It has held up very well through about 850 rounds and 9 months of use.

Randall

2. Remove Ads

Nice review. I still hate mine. Mine was a lemon.

It's not my primary or secondary gun anyways. I now carry a Sig P238 in the pocket in conjunction with Glock 40 or 45 Caliber.
    Last edited by CDRGlock; April 4th, 2012 at 11:25 PM.
    Maynard likes this.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Excellent review Randall. I have a little over 1000+ problem free rounds through mine. I purchased mine about the same time as you did at July 2011. I also have a S&W Bodyguard 380 but since my DB9 is just about the same size as the 380 I carry the D9 more often now. I sometimes carry my Keltec PF9 too. God Bless

Nice review. I shot a DB9 at my local range and liked it. Someday I may consider getting one.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

CDRGlock, sorry yours didn't work out. Some of these guns are like people, a small percentage are defective.

Thanks, rammerjammer and VBVAGUY!

Randall

Mine is at the factory getting fixed after the trigger mechanism broke at the 1,050 round mark. We'll see how much I have to pay them to fix it.

They should be giving you the new designed and updated trigger system with 3 pins on the side. Mine still had the old original 2 pin version, but one day I will send it in to have it upgraded. Also it should NOT cost you anything to get this done. I hope this helps. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by marcclarke View Post
    Mine is at the factory getting fixed after the trigger mechanism broke at the 1,050 round mark. We'll see how much I have to pay them to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    They should be giving you the new designed and updated trigger system with 3 pins on the side. Mine still had the old original 2 pin version, but one day I will send it in to have it upgraded. Also it should NOT cost you anything to get this done. I hope this helps. God Bless
    Mine is an early 2-pin version. We'll see...

OP - Glad you like it, but I'm with Lima on this...limpwristing is no excuse for poor function in a pistol (she started a thread on this a while back).

The idea that you need a perfect grip, or you get a double feed, is unacceptable in a defensive gun - especially one for duty use as a BUG, when you might be very hands-on. Or have slick, wet hands, etc.

Do you think you will have a perfect, two handed grip? Or a death grip on the gun? Maybe - or not.

The DB9's only advantage is a few ounces of weight. I'd take the slightly greater weight of something like a PM9 or CM9 - which can also use +P ammo.

For duty use, where concealment is not a concern, a Glock 26 or 27 would be even better.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    My Pastor just bought one of these on Tuesday.
    He put the first 100 rounds through it with no hic-cups.
    Seems to be happy with it. I honestly had not paid much attention to them until this week.
    I had seen a few at gun shows but that was it.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

10thmtn,

I understand and respect your points. A duty Sig 226 or G22 can be "limp-wristed" under stress and FTF. I only suggest that if you choose a gun such as this, you practice all possible employments of the gun so you are properly prepared to fight with it. I advocate that with any self-defense option.

Randall

Nice signature! Stubborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyfish View Post
    10thmtn,

I understand and respect your points. A duty Sig 226 or G22 can be "limp-wristed" under stress and FTF. I only suggest that if you choose a gun such as this, you practice all possible employments of the gun so you are properly prepared to fight with it. I advocate that with any self-defense option.

Randall
    Of course, a pistol floating in outer space will be a one-shot weapon, as the whole gun would recoil as one unit when fired, and the slide would not move relative to the frame.

Point is that, according to your own review, this little pistol seems to be very sensitive to a proper hold in order to function properly. And such a proper hold may not be possible in a fight. [Note - I've not fired one myself, I'm going by your review]

With all the other choices out there, I just do not see why this would be a viable choice as a BUG for duty use...since concealment while in uniform is not a concern.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

10thmtn,

Any auto pistol's function is sensitive relative to one's grip.

Concealment in uniform can be a problem. A BUG has to fit under either the uniform shirt or in the issued pants. Some of us can't carry a Glock on the ankle or between the ballistic vest and shirt. I, for one, am not getting in my next foot pursuit with my G27 velcroed to one leg. I'd run in a circle, but at least I'd find my cruiser! The secondary gun is suppose to be unobtrusive and must be comfortable for daily carry.

Randall

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Are they heavier (loaded ) than say a LCR?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links