why won't Glock make a single stack sub-compact?

This is a discussion on why won't Glock make a single stack sub-compact? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 Narrow a Glock 26, and it won't be a 26 anymore. yes. it will be something else....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: why won't Glock make a single stack sub-compact?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Narrow a Glock 26, and it won't be a 26 anymore.
    yes. it will be something else.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    I don't understand this line of thought.
    If you want to carry a firearm with only 5-6 rounds in it, get a revolver.
    - I'd rather carry a thin single stack with 6 rounds over a revolver. A cylinder keeps a revolver from being thin.

Why would you want to carry a pistol with 6-8 rounds, when for a few tenths of an inch wider, you can have one that holds up to twice as many.
    Don't give me the line of malarkey that you can feel the difference.
    I just don't get it.
    - It's not just the width. It's also the weight. If the gun was slightly thinner and weighed the same, there would be no reason to carry it. I have a Glock 19 and a Kahr PM9. I've also owned a Glock 27. I always know when I carry a Glock. I can easily forget that I'm carrying the PM9.

IMO, if 6+1 rounds and a spare 7 round magazine (PM9) doesn't get me out of the situation, I can't see how 10+1 and a spare 10 round magazine (Glock 26) would have.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Ever since gaston went senile and married his caretaker. Glock has been allergic to money. Embezzlement scandals. Poor qc and testing of new products. Failure to react to the ever changing market. Glock of old is gone. I hope they can right the ship.

For the same reason Kahr wont make a double stack... They stick with what they're good at, and what they're famous for. I'm cool with that though

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Ever since gaston went senile and married his caretaker. Glock has been allergic to money. Embezzlement scandals. Poor qc and testing of new products. Failure to react to the ever changing market. Glock of old is gone. I hope they can right the ship.
    May we all go into senitity as well as Gaston did. glock_wife-tfb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nick62 View Post
    May we all go into senitity as well as Gaston did...
    glock_wife-tfb.jpg
    In retrospect, double-stacked doesn't look so bad, does it?
    zonker1986 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick62 View Post
    In retrospect, double-stacked doesn't look so bad, does it?
    I'm not seeing the downside, either.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I don't understand this line of thought.
    If you want to carry a firearm with only 5-6 rounds in it, get a revolver.
    Most sensible manufacturer's try to cover the professional, and civilian market with products which make sense, have value, are not to overtly priced when compared to competing products.
    Why would you want to carry a pistol with 6-8 rounds, when for a few tenths of an inch wider, you can have one that holds up to twice as many.
    Don't give me the line of malarkey that you can feel the difference.
    I just don't get it.
    sorry, you can feel the difference. No malarkey. Experience.

I carry XD's, Glocks, M&P's with enough firepower to handle any situation....but when it has absolutely, positively has to be covert undetected carry the single stack 9mm's from Kahr, Keltec, Ruger, Beretta fit the bill.

Just wondering if you consider a guy carrying a 1911 a fool, too since an Officers Model only holds 6+1 and the full size 7+1?
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Cool

The below comments are just my observations for myself in regards to the thickness of the handguns grip in relationship to my ability to conceal the handgun.

I carry IWB and for myself the concealment issue isn't how thick the slide of a semi-auto is or how thick the grip is.

It is the length of the grip that makes the weapon harder to conceal.

The length of the grip on my Glock 21 SF is what makes it more difficult to conceal than my Glock 36 not the grips thickness.

The grip extends out from the body in a horizonal posistion and that is the area that protrudes from your cover garment.

The slide or for that matter the cylinder of a revolver runs verticle to the contour of the upper body while the grip runs horizonal.

It makes no difference if you carry at 1:00 or 3:00 or any other location on the waistband, the grip is the hardest area to conceal.

The slight protrusion on the right side of my body under the chest pocket of the cover garment on the below photo is not caused by the cylinder of the 4" K-frame combat masterpiece it is caused by the grip.

The same situation applies for the Glock 23. The length of the grip is what causes the slight protrusion under the cover garment.

Image.jpgImage 1.jpg photo.jpgphoto.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

OS
    oneshot and gen3 like this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    'Concur with Old School.

Width doesn't make much difference to me. I own both a PM9 and a PF9, but the G26 still gets more carry time than they do.

Honestly, I wish there were more double-stack 1911's to choose from.
    oneshot and Old School like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    sorry, you can feel the difference. No malarkey. Experience.

I carry XD's, Glocks, M&P's with enough firepower to handle any situation....but when it has absolutely, positively has to be covert undetected carry the single stack 9mm's from Kahr, Keltec, Ruger, Beretta fit the bill.

Just wondering if you consider a guy carrying a 1911 a fool, too since an Officers Model only holds 6+1 and the full size 7+1?

^^^^^^^^^In my post that you quoted^^^^^^^

I make no accusations of anyones intelligence.

I am merely pointing out that in my experience of carrying various handguns, I've not thought the miniscule differences in width, with lengths and heights the same(or similarly close) to make that much of a difference.
    Anyone carrying a 1911, is carrying a much wider firearm, than what the OP was wishing for.
    As for the eight rounds. of .45? I have no qualms about that, I prefer, 12-16 rounds of 9mm but that is a choice we each make.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Glock knows where their dollars come from. They target the 'spray and pray' market. Those people who NEED those extra rounds to HIT their target. Accomplished shooters shouldn't need a gazillion round stuffed magazine, when one or two well placed shots should do the trick.
    Double stack mags, single stacked mags, revolvers or derringers, it all boils down to hitting what you aim at. And that bottom line takes practice.

those crazy "spray and pray" LEO's all over the world right?

being able to accurately deliver more firepower is better than being able to deliver less is isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by texasleaguer View Post
    Glock knows where their dollars come from. They target the 'spray and pray' market. Those people who NEED those extra rounds to HIT their target. Accomplished shooters shouldn't need a gazillion round stuffed magazine, when one or two well placed shots should do the trick.
    Double stack mags, single stacked mags, revolvers or derringers, it all boils down to hitting what you aim at. And that bottom line takes practice.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    those crazy "spray and pray" LEO's all over the world right?

being able to accurately deliver more firepower is better than being able to deliver less is isn't it?
    More isn't needed, when less is delivered accurately. And I've been around some LEOs that couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links