why won't Glock make a single stack sub-compact? - Page 4

why won't Glock make a single stack sub-compact?

This is a discussion on why won't Glock make a single stack sub-compact? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm sure they will soon now that Springfield has made one. Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: why won't Glock make a single stack sub-compact?

I'm sure they will soon now that Springfield has made one.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Why not just by a Kahr?
    Or a PPS, or a Nano, or an XDs when they're available: Glock doesn't care about this niche, and at this point they're too far behind to catch up.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 02R1 View Post
    i would totally jump on one. I've own quite a few Glocks and haven't had a single FTF/FTE's yet after 1000's of rounds. Sorry if this has been discussed already. Searched, but didn't find anything.. If one already existed, please merge or delete thread.. thanks!
    why should they.....? They sell plenty as it stands,actually glock outsells all others combined why change a thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by texasleaguer View Post
    More isn't needed, when less is delivered accurately. And I've been around some LEOs that couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat.
    so you believe people buy or own Glocks (or any other hi-cap double stack i assume) because they are poor shots then? they need more ammo to address a single target and not more ammo to address more targets?

the ability to deliver more is not the same as the need to deliver more.
    02R1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    I don't understand this line of thought.
    If you want to carry a firearm with only 5-6 rounds in it, get a revolver.
    Most sensible manufacturer's try to cover the professional, and civilian market with products which make sense, have value, are not to overtly priced when compared to competing products.
    Why would you want to carry a pistol with 6-8 rounds, when for a few tenths of an inch wider, you can have one that holds up to twice as many.
    Don't give me the line of malarkey that you can feel the difference.
    I just don't get it.
    I served on the Washington DC Police department with a S&W Model 10, .38spl six shot revolver back in the 70's. Most of the police prior to the 80's only carried 6 shot revolvers.

So you're telling me that you need 14 rounds to let loose down range in order to neutralize a bad guy? Maybe with a little training we could hit our target with only two rounds or three.

If I ever get into a situation that required more rounds down range, than I would rather reload with a magazine into a pistol than a speed loader into a revolver. Besides of my three cc guns, my M&P 340 is wider than my Colt Commander and Walther PPS.

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    so you believe people buy or own Glocks (or any other hi-cap double stack i assume) because they are poor shots then? they need more ammo to address a single target and not more ammo to address more targets?

the ability to deliver more is not the same as the need to deliver more.
    Didn't say that. Said that Glock caters to those who BELIEVE that they will need more shots to hit their target. The ability to deliver more is not needed, when less is delivered accurately.
    Practice=confidence. More practice= more confidence. Hi-cap double stack magazines=false confidence, probably resulting in less practice. Some feel accuracy isn't that big a requirement when they have extra rounds to throw at the target. Glock has relied on that thinking for years in the civilian market.

or,

a practiced individual with a hi capacity firearm will be able to accurately address more targets then that same person would with a lower capacity gun.

Quote Originally Posted by 02R1 View Post
    i would totally jump on one. I've own quite a few Glocks and haven't had a single FTF/FTE's yet after 1000's of rounds. Sorry if this has been discussed already. Searched, but didn't find anything.. If one already existed, please merge or delete thread.. thanks!
    glock 36 is a "single stack" .45, very compact, but not the most reliable gun. it's not a true single stack, but as close as glock will ever get, because come on, what would a glock be if it weren't uncomfortable to hold

Quote Originally Posted by Cremator75 View Post
    I'm sure they will soon now that Springfield has made one.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk
    I wonder. If so, I hope they don't just thin out a current model and instead make something different. I'm sure they won't though.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links