why won't Glock make a single stack sub-compact?

This is a discussion on why won't Glock make a single stack sub-compact? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i would totally jump on one. I've own quite a few Glocks and haven't had a single FTF/FTE's yet after 1000's of rounds. Sorry if ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: why won't Glock make a single stack sub-compact?

i would totally jump on one. I've own quite a few Glocks and haven't had a single FTF/FTE's yet after 1000's of rounds. Sorry if this has been discussed already. Searched, but didn't find anything.. If one already existed, please merge or delete thread.. thanks!

VIP Member
    Why not just by a Kahr?
    surefire7 likes this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

I would be suprised if they didn't, unless they don't want to replace existing sales of double stack compacts. Single stacks are the hottest thing going right now as Ruger and others have made a lot of money in this market. Now it looks like S&W may be following suit.

Well, they do have a subcompact/slimline...the Glock-36, and it's a great firearm.

GLOCK "Safe Action Pistols"

See models...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Because Glock isn't innovative since they were introduced and their pistols have to feel like 2x4s.

They're well made but a Glock is a Glock. If you've seen one, you've seen them all.
    Badey likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Well, they do have a subcompact/slimline...the Glock-36, and it's a great firearm.

GLOCK "Safe Action Pistols"

See models...
    not bad.. but still isnt thin enough for me that is..

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Because Glock isn't innovative since they were introduced and their pistols have to feel like 2x4s.

They're well made but a Glock is a Glock. If you've seen one, you've seen them all.
    ^^^^^^^Totally agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Why not just by a Kahr?
    was thinking about it, but decided on a beretta nano instead. picking that sucka up tonight. :) I'm not use to FTF/FTE's so hopefully the Nano isn't too bad even though some reviews mentioned FTE's..

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post

totally agreed. Glocks are actually pretty ugly, but i'm sure most Glock owners (like myself) bought some, not because they're good looking, but because they're reliable. But damn....... a G26 in single stack will make me **** in my pants.

Because everything that it's famous for is based on it's current design. Why weaken it?
    I hope they never change.

For a company labeled as not innovative, there sure as hell are a lot of copies on dealer shelves right now.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    A single stack 9mm would likely be too light weight to import. G26 is the bare minimum already. Were it an ounce lighter, it would be illegal to import.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    A single stack 9mm would likely be too light weight to import. G26 is the bare minimum already. Were it an ounce lighter, it would be illegal to import.
    interesting.. i never knew that part.... So i'm assuming this weight part only affects imported guns?

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Because everything that it's famous for is based on it's current design. Why weaken it?
    I hope they never change.

For a company labeled as not innovative, there sure as hell are a lot of copies on dealer shelves right now.
    true... i couldn't agreed more......... the first thing the beretta nano reminded me of was a Glock. Not so much about changing things........... More like adding new things/design.

i'm very happy with my G26. Great size, weight, capacity, and shoots well. I'd rather buy another companies single stack and have more variety.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Not sure why Glock seldom changes. Maybe so they do not screw up a good thing.I like the look of the new Springfield XDS .45 , holds 5+1 I believe.
    .45acpguy likes this.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links