10mm vs. .40...thoughts?

This is a discussion on 10mm vs. .40...thoughts? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by LkWd_Don I have had to carry a Glock as part of employment and during live fire at the familiarization and qualification range, ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 10mm vs. .40...thoughts?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LkWd_Don View Post
    I have had to carry a Glock as part of employment and during live fire at the familiarization and qualification range, I found I did not like how it fit my hand and I had to learn to pull the barrel/sights higher on the target than I had been used to, but I was able to adjust and qualify. Another reason I do not like Glocks (and they may have changed this) is that they are overly simplistic. When I can grab the frame below the slide and push the slide with the palm of my hand while lifting at the same time, after moving the slide back about one forth of an inch.. I can lift the slide off of the firearm.. Think how in Lethal Weapon 3(?) the Monk disassembled the firearm single handed.. That was a Glock and yes it can be done. That in itself along with my dislike of how it felt was enough to convince me to never Own a Glock.

Only stating why I will not own one.. I know many who love them.. and to each their own..
    Given your familiarity with the Glock, you know that with a live round chambered, the pistol cannot be disassembled.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Double Tap has a 250 weight hardcast 45acp out that may be a game changer.
    When you get some, let us know how they work over your chrono.

Though it's been a staple in my 45colt, I've loaded a hard Lyman 255 gr Keith LSWC in Rem nickel +p new brass to about 915fps for impressive penetration. The bullet style is my favorite for taking care of business. BTW there's nothing wrong with Glocks IMO, and if I had to carry one, I'd be hard pressed to choose between the 29 or 30. When Cor Bon puts out a 10mm DPX, I'll probably start reloading for the G29. I do like the PM40, as it slips into a pocket.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Given your familiarity with the Glock, you know that with a live round chambered, the pistol cannot be disassembled.
    For safety reasons, I have not tried that, though with my now having a few rounds of training ammo in multiple calibers, the next time I get the chance, I may just try it. I do not see where a chambered round will make any difference, so I will see.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement.

What a mess. This ought to be good.........

Lethal Weapon? I'd say we're about done here.

VIP Member
    For safety reasons, I have not tried that, though with my now having a few rounds of training ammo in multiple calibers, the next time I get the chance, I may just try it. I do not see where a chambered round will make any difference, so I will see.
    In order to have an unfired round in the chamber, the slide must have been slid to the rear to chamber it, thus resetting the trigger. The pistol cannot be disassembled with a reset trigger.
    Tuco

When I can grab the frame below the slide and push the slide with the palm of my hand while lifting at the same time, after moving the slide back about one forth of an inch.. I can lift the slide off of the firearm.. Think how in Lethal Weapon 3(?) the Monk disassembled the firearm single handed.. That was a Glock and yes it can be done.
    crying.gif
    multistage likes this.

But the guy putting down Glocks can't tell the difference between a Glock and a Beretta.
    Does a Beretta make a pistol with a concealed hammer?
    Defence
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement.

VIP Member
    Does a Beretta make a pistol with a concealed hammer?
    Defence
    You must not have looked at the link I provided earlier. Here it is again:
    Lethal Weapon 4 - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database
    Tuco

In order to have an unfired round in the chamber, the slide must have been slid to the rear to chamber it, thus resetting the trigger. The pistol cannot be disassembled with a reset trigger.
    If that was the case, then I should not have been able to disassemble it unloaded after racking the slide back and letting it go forward.

As I said, the next time I get a hold of a Glock and can test it.. I have training rounds I can use to do just that, test to see if what you are saying is correct and I will see for myself.

VIP Member
    If that was the case, then I should not have been able to disassemble it unloaded after racking the slide back and letting it go forward.

As I said, the next time I get a hold of a Glock and can test it.. I have training rounds I can use to do just that, test to see if what you are saying is correct and I will see for myself.
    You don't even have to chamber a round. Rack the slide, don't pull the trigger, and try to disassemble it.
    Tuco

10mm>.40S&W

You don't even have to chamber a round. Rack the slide, don't pull the trigger, and try to disassemble it.
    Do you people read? I guess I shouldn't even ask.. when I say..
    Quote Originally Posted by LkWd_Don
    Think how in Lethal Weapon 3(?) the Monk
    I even showed I was not sure which movie it was or I would not have put the (?) behind it.. then someone wants to be picky and tell me it was 4..

That should tell me all I need right there. Now, show me where I said I OWN a GLOCK.. You will not be able to.
    You will find I said I do not like Glocks that the only time I had to carry one was for employment with a company.

VIP Member
    Do you people read? I guess I shouldn't even ask.. when I say.. I even showed I was not sure which movie it was or I would not have put the (?) behind it.. then someone wants to be picky and tell me it was 4..

That should tell me all I need right there. Now, show me where I said I OWN a GLOCK.. You will not be able to.
    You will find I said I do not like Glocks that the only time I had to carry one was for employment with a company.
    For at least the third time, the pistol Jet Li worked magic on in Lethal Weapon whatever was not a Glock, but a Beretta 92.
    Tuco

For at least the third time, the pistol Jet Li worked magic on in Lethal Weapon whatever was not a Glock, but a Beretta 92.
    Ok, and even at your imfdb that you provided, it admits that the weapon had to be configured in advance to do that. The Glock I was carrying needed no special configuration, it could be taken down one handed. Now, a reasonable limit has been presented and now that I have the training rounds to try it.. when I have access to a Glock to see for myself, I will see. In the mean time.. if anyone has the plastic bullets.. to test it safely.. try for yourself.. fully unloaded, empty mag in.. and loaded with plastic training rounds.. I have never tried it with a Mag in place or with it fully locked and loaded. I will see for myself when I can..

40S&W. All the benefits without the down side. Plus ammo is cheaper and easier to find.

I carry a M&P40 Full size or Compact most of the time.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links