10mm vs. .40...thoughts?

This is a discussion on 10mm vs. .40...thoughts? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 10mm and .40S&W are not comparable. Consider your intended purpose for the firearm. For a woods gun, hunting sidearm, and such... 10mm makes a lot ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 10mm vs. .40...thoughts?

10mm and .40S&W are not comparable.

Consider your intended purpose for the firearm.

For a woods gun, hunting sidearm, and such... 10mm makes a lot of sense. And .40 isn't in the league. Period. Pick your launcher and go with 10.

For a self defense weapon against human predators... 10mm is not such a great choice. The defense trinity (45/40/9) make more sense for a variety of reasons.

Decide what application is more important to you and choose accordingly.

I've got a Delta Elite and a G29, but rarely shoot them anymore because my needs don't run that direction, generally. They're great firearms, though, and if I spent much time hunting or in the woods, I would use them much more.

For general SD use, the defense trinity just make a lot more sense.
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

2. Remove Ads

I feel that as far as pistols go, my 40 is all I need in a war zone with humans, unless I was going into bear country then I would go with loaded up 10mm in a pistol. In fact the 9mm is all we need with all the new ammo out now for SD purposes. I have a 40 full size and sometimes wish that I had chosen the 9mm due to ammo cost of feeding it now.

But u know what gets carried the most CCW, my nice little KT P32 or my new Smith 642 in my pocket and of course in a holster for safety.

Isn't it so nice that we have so many options to pick from....
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links