10mm vs. .40...thoughts?

This is a discussion on 10mm vs. .40...thoughts? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 10mm and .40S&W are not comparable. Consider your intended purpose for the firearm. For a woods gun, hunting sidearm, and such... 10mm makes a lot ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 10mm vs. .40...thoughts?

10mm and .40S&W are not comparable.

Consider your intended purpose for the firearm.

For a woods gun, hunting sidearm, and such... 10mm makes a lot of sense. And .40 isn't in the league. Period. Pick your launcher and go with 10.

For a self defense weapon against human predators... 10mm is not such a great choice. The defense trinity (45/40/9) make more sense for a variety of reasons.

Decide what application is more important to you and choose accordingly.

I've got a Delta Elite and a G29, but rarely shoot them anymore because my needs don't run that direction, generally. They're great firearms, though, and if I spent much time hunting or in the woods, I would use them much more.

For general SD use, the defense trinity just make a lot more sense.
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I feel that as far as pistols go, my 40 is all I need in a war zone with humans, unless I was going into bear country then I would go with loaded up 10mm in a pistol. In fact the 9mm is all we need with all the new ammo out now for SD purposes. I have a 40 full size and sometimes wish that I had chosen the 9mm due to ammo cost of feeding it now.

But u know what gets carried the most CCW, my nice little KT P32 or my new Smith 642 in my pocket and of course in a holster for safety.

Isn't it so nice that we have so many options to pick from....
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links