Tarsus 85S 38 spl for $313? good buy?

This is a discussion on Tarsus 85S 38 spl for $313? good buy? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I found a Tarsus 85S in 38 Special for $313 at a local gun shop, used but in NIB condition, wondering this is a good ...

Thread: Tarsus 85S 38 spl for $313? good buy?

Lightbulb Tarsus 85S 38 spl for $313? good buy?

I found a Tarsus 85S in 38 Special for $313 at a local gun shop, used but in NIB condition, wondering this is a good deal or not. its a snubby, 1.8" barrel 5 shot blued finish with wood grips. full exposed hammer. comes with a holster.

It looks cool and would be a good concealed carry gun/defensive revolver, but I heard so many bad things about Tarsus I'm wondering would be a good buy or not.

2. Remove Ads

Is it the UL model? I had one, and that seems like a fair price if it's LNIB. Just don't dry fire it to often.

It's a fair price. I have two of these, one steel and one a lightweight, and they're both pretty rugged.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

If it were me, I'd save up a few more dollars and go for a Ruger or S&W. I do own a Taurus and haven't had a single problem with it in 20 years, but quite honestly, I can feel the difference between it and my Ruger. The Ruger just "feels" like it's higher quality. $313 does seem like a good price to me though, so if it fits the bill for you, I'd say go for it!

Not a bad price on the Taurus. Though they aren't S&W or Rugers they are decent little revolvers. I have carried one of my two quite extensively and like it allot. Actually better for carry than either of my 2 S&W's. The S&W are great little guns but I am not to awful crazy about the tiny little front sight and the very narrow rear sight. The Taurus 85 sights are about twice as thick as the S&W sights.

Links