Mini gun buying spree

This is a discussion on Mini gun buying spree within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just doubled down on two guns I didn't need, but kinda filled a niche in my SD arsenal. But in actuality I just wanted them. ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By 10thmtn
  • 1 Post By markush
  • 1 Post By brownsbacker

Thread: Mini gun buying spree

Mini gun buying spree

Just doubled down on two guns I didn't need, but kinda filled a niche in my SD arsenal. But in actuality I just wanted them. First was a naa black widow 22lr/mag combo. Seems like a fun little gun, and you can't get deeper conceal then a black widow. Second gun was a Taurus 327 snub in blue. Six shots, 32 long, h&r magnum, and 327. I wanted to give the 327 caliber a try, and for 240 bucks, it could be a car gun I don't worry too much about.

Can't wait till then get in to my ffl (From buds guns)

2. Remove Ads

Oh man!

I thought you won the lottery and bought a Minigun.

Caertaker and Badey like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I really want one of the NAA .22Mag pistols that has the handle fold up and has a pocket clip on it. Why I don't know unless it is just the uniqueness (sp?) of it. LGS has several of them all around $250.00 (you can get an LCP for about the same price). What I thought would be neat is to start collecting them but I question whether they would be worth anything on the positive side say 20 or so years down the road. Obviously if NAA ceased production of them they certainly would be but that is a real gamble and I really don't see that happening.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I have the NAA .22 Mini...don't really use it, but I bought it anyway...a weak moment.
    Certainly easy to conceal, and 5 shots of .22 is better than a stick in the eye.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I have the NAA .22 Mini...don't really use it, but I bought it anyway...a weak moment.
    Certainly easy to conceal, and 5 shots of .22 is better than a stick in the eye.
    I don't know...A sharp stick might pi$$ him off less then putting a few holes in his shirt with a .22
    zonker1986 likes this.

True, we all know the 22 is a less effective choice for ccw. But 10 inches of ballistics gel penetration is worth something. I always considered it like a quick stab with a foot long ice pick.

If all I got is a 22 then I will use a 22,but if I have a choice I would rather carry at least a 9mm
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by KSP View Post
    Just doubled down on two guns I didn't need, but kinda filled a niche in my SD arsenal. But in actuality I just wanted them. First was a naa black widow 22lr/mag combo. Seems like a fun little gun, and you can't get deeper conceal then a black widow. Second gun was a Taurus 327 snub in blue. Six shots, 32 long, h&r magnum, and 327. I wanted to give the 327 caliber a try, and for 240 bucks, it could be a car gun I don't worry too much about.

Can't wait till then get in to my ffl (From buds guns)
    I was wondering how you were going to conceal a minigun until I read the text.

Congrats! I have always wanted one of the NAA mini revolvers.
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I want a minigun too....with unlimited ammo supply

My NAA Black Widow in 22 magnum sees back up carry time on revolver day. My main carry revolver is a S&W 642. I find the Black Widow just as easy to carry as a speed loader.

I look forward to a "buying spree" just as soon as "my ship comes in!" Trouble is, I think my ship got stranded somewhere between Mandalay and the Aleutians!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I love my little black widow, the sights are the pits but I am working on them

I know the feeling about going on these buying sprees. I just bought a Taurus .38 revolver and a Cobra .38 derringer. Why ?, because they were there cheap, both for a little over $300. Sometimes I think I need help-Oh well better than doing drugs.
    Philly Boy likes this.

After an unusually long delay from buds guns, I just got my black widow 22lr/mag and Taurus 327 revolver. Haven't shot them yet, but my initial impression:

Black widow is solid and well built little revo. I was worried it would be too small, but the grip is all you'd ever need, and the gun itself is substantial enough for what it is. Happy so far.

Taurus 327: heavy chunk of nice looking blue steel. Heavier then I thought it would be, but it's not a large gun. Trigger is heavy, and when it's working well, it's reasonably smooth. However, it seems like there is a pattern where the first few pulls are heavy but consistent (fake smooth?), but then it gets progressively heavier to where it almost feels like its getting stuck. Then, I get one rough pull, and it kind of resets to the first somewhat normal pull. I will post pics and investigate further.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    FWIW 32 acp also works in the gun. it is semi-rimed.

32 is my favorite cartrage though the 32-20 is as powerful as the H&R it is
    a trying cartrage to load. ruined case mouths when loading coupled with case splits when fired adds up to almost 20% case loss.

the taurus trigger may improve with use or through some money into t trigger job.
    its one big difference and reason--the S&W 327 revolver cost twice as much
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Links