Not a good range report

This is a discussion on Not a good range report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I took my brand new M&P 45c to the range today and put about 125 rounds through it and I am hitting around 6" low ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Yankeejib
  • 1 Post By longhornfan6

Thread: Not a good range report

Not a good range report

I took my brand new M&P 45c to the range today and put about 125 rounds through it and I am hitting around 6" low at around 5 yards but grouping well. I then took out my M&P 9c and hit dead everything dead on, anybody else experience this??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Low center, low left or low right? As a minimum, can you have some take a photo of your target AND how you hold your .45c and where you place your trigger finger on the trigger, then attach it in another post on this thread?
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

VIP Member
    Take a look at the chart, see if your doing one of the things that can cause shooting low. If not have someone else shoot the gun, if it is hitting low for them as well you may need to contact S&W to have the sights replaced.

diagnostictarget.jpg
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I've never had a new piece that didn't take a few trips to the range to dial up. Except Glocks....hee hee......

VIP Member
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but I would bet dollars to doughnuts that you are the reason it's hitting low. Sometimes ammo can effect this as well. Please do your due diligence and let us know what happens.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    I've never had a new piece that didn't take a few trips to the range to dial up. Except Glocks....hee hee......
    You are 100% correct. If it were a Glock, he would be hitting 6 inches high! hee hee....

I am going to try to get to the range again soon and give it another go, hopefully with better results.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

What weight bullet you shooting ? Could be shooting lighter bullets than it was sighted for Just a geuss ; ) PS Should shoot 230gr fine
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    You are 100% correct. If it were a Glock, he would be hitting 6 inches high! hee hee....
    Stop holding it sideways.
    sixgun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    What weight bullet you shooting ? Could be shooting lighter bullets than it was sighted for Just a geuss ; ) PS Should shoot 230gr fine
    H/D
    I was shooting 230 gr Federal and 230 gr Winchester Ranger T +p

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan6 View Post
    I was shooting 230 gr Federal and 230 gr Winchester Ranger T +p

They both had the same point of impact? Let me tell you, ammo makes a big difference.

my 45C was dead nuts on at 10 yds with WWB 45 230gr.....I would say your sights are fubarred. Give it another go at the range, and if not Smith & Wesson will fix it for you. No worries.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Did it do the same from a bench? Was that even tried?
    Glock Certified Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by DocGlock View Post
    Did it do the same from a bench? Was that even tried?
    No it wasn't, I am hopefully going to get to the range again Tuesday and I will give it another go. The one positive was there were no ftf's or fte's.

glockman10mm likes this.

Links