Is there a gun finding service, site or person?? Wanting specific Glock with Gills

Is there a gun finding service, site or person?? Wanting specific Glock with Gills

This is a discussion on Is there a gun finding service, site or person?? Wanting specific Glock with Gills within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There has to be a service, site or person that helps with a hard to find gun. Anybody know of one? Looking for a Glock ...

There has to be a service, site or person that helps with a hard to find gun. Anybody know of one? Looking for a Glock 19 AND a 23 RTF with gills on slide.... I am willing to pay for help in finding one. I make 4 posts daily to Armslist and also have ads on other sites It is driving me crazy and been over 2 weeks.

Thanks in advanced

Same here. Have been looking for a Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader 18.5" barrel, 6pt adjustable stock, factory heat shield. Want a brand new, in box. I'm in TN. Wouod like to buy on this week.

Maybe we can all help each other. Check with Frontline Defense in Zebulon, NC. I took my class from him and he is your guy.

Hope it helps..

not all RTF Glocks had the gills. Pretty sure only the full size Glocks had the gills...ie 17/22/31, but not 100% sure.

no 19's or 23's on GB, sorry.

Rifles, Shotguns and Handguns for Sale - Buy Handguns, Rifles, and Shotguns Online at GunBroker.com
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ppswilson View Post
    There has to be a service, site or person that helps with a hard to find gun. Anybody know of one? Looking for a Glock 19 AND a 23 RTF with gills on slide.... I am willing to pay for help in finding one. I make 4 posts daily to Armslist and also have ads on other sites It is driving me crazy and been over 2 weeks.

Thanks in advanced
    What would you think would be reasonable for someone like this to charge for the service? Finder's fee? Percentage? Considering what's on your want list could be found at all? Those models saw short production runs. The RTF a bit longer than the slides with "gills". Just a bit of advice here, and I may be off base (don't know exactly yet).....but you may have better luck finding the parts to put them together than finding the whole pistol(s). RTF frame, slide with gills......follow me? Glock armorer, licensed dealer....etc. Mix and match may be the way to go. I'm just sayin' may be more likely to see your dreams fulfilled. I think outside the box a lot actually. Most of that comes from challenges, meeting them head on, and realizing there's plenty of ways to beat an enemy with a lot less work and risk involved. I can also work with a team if so inclined and motivated. I've lost a few contacts over the years, and some of the businesses have gone under. Some of those took LE trade in Glocks, some refurbished them. I don't necessarily pursue the avenues I once did not too long ago either. Might say the market and me were on par at one time and I kept on top of things like the daily news. I absolutely knew where everything was and where to find it because I networked with individuals and businesses. That took a vast amount of my free time, but like I said....I liked the challenge. Now it seems like things change a bit faster in this dog-eat-dog world (country). People take advantage of others when given the opportunity by and large. Used to be different, and I remember the days. Before the days I remember things were even better. History of America, and the downward spiral to weakness. Our current president would be president now if we would have all made a team effort. The upcoming election and candidates are even more of a joke than last time around, the tactics have evolved immensely over the past four rotten years.
    Forgive me. I got off on a tangent here. I tend to do that now and then when typing since I can see every word.
    I've been know to write volumes here on one simple subject that seeks a simple answer. I do know that sometimes I'll hit home with a few folks who read the columns, and hopefully that will incite some hope and common sense back into our country and fellow citizen. I am not sure. anyway.........................I am willing to help you in your quest (free of charge). I will look into your want list as time allows, and that time basically means when I don't feel suppressed by the government, or pressured by the IRS, my work schedule, and everything else (I am not under a doctor's care and do not have any prescription medications to assist me with coping). LOL! Drop me a line and we can work on this.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Not correct. 19s and 23s where available with the gills.

Top left pistol is my RTF2 19 with gills.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    not all RTF Glocks had the gills. Pretty sure only the full size Glocks had the gills...ie 17/22/31, but not 100% sure.

no 19's or 23's on GB, sorry.

Rifles, Shotguns and Handguns for Sale - Buy Handguns, Rifles, and Shotguns Online at GunBroker.com

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I have a G22 RTF 2 with the gills.

I know that the G19s and the G23s have been made with and without the gills. I wish I would have bought one also.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    Not correct. 19s and 23s where available with the gills.

Top left pistol is my RTF2 19 with gills.

thanks for the correction. Never liked the RTF frame and thought the gills looked silly. Now they will probably be collector's items and be worth twice what you paid for the gun in a few years. I picked up a few OD green Glocks when they were discontinued for a deep discount. Now they are selling for more than a new Glock.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Gills? What advantage , if any?
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Gills? What advantage , if any?
    well, Glocks do shoot underwater....perhaps Gaston is telling us something with the gills?

Try this
    RiverOfGuns.com

bigredfish: I went there--- what was I supposed to find??
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    thanks for the correction. Never liked the RTF frame and thought the gills looked silly. Now they will probably be collector's items and be worth twice what you paid for the gun in a few years. I picked up a few OD green Glocks when they were discontinued for a deep discount. Now they are selling for more than a new Glock.
    Help out a brother? FTF at Buddy Freddy's? I'll buy.....

I see the Easter thread didn't last long. Hate to offend our Muslim constituency.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    bigredfish: I went there--- what was I supposed to find??
    Enter the gun you are looking for in the search box...it scans various gun forums for sale ads. I use it to track down hard to find models like say a Beretta 92G Elite II

Must be tough to find..
    Glock 23 RTF gills - only found your posts on Armslist and one sold on Calguns
    Glock 19 RTF gills - same thing.

Links