The Kimber Super Carry Pro HD: review, pics and points...Significant UPDATE in OP

This is a discussion on The Kimber Super Carry Pro HD: review, pics and points...Significant UPDATE in OP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gunthorp ...Tangle, nice shooting. I sell 2 Pro Tac mags and Cor Bon DPX with every kimber Man I like that! I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Kimber Super Carry Pro HD: review, pics and points...Significant UPDATE in OP

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    ...Tangle, nice shooting. I sell 2 Pro Tac mags and Cor Bon DPX with every kimber
    Man I like that!

I love the Pro Tac mags and have never had a problem with one. I have four of the newer black McCormick mags with the newer style follower and I have had problems with them. As I recall, the probs occurred in my Kimber Super Custom Carry HD - but it only has about 150 rounds through it, so it really isn't close to the 500 round break in. Still, Pro Tacs work flawlessly.

I have heard the spring in the Pro Tac weaken quicker than others, but I can't confirm that. As it stands right now, for me, the Pro Tacs are as good as it gets in 1911 magazines.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    The Pro Tac floor plate is removable for cleaning or parts replacement. I've never screwed any of the bumpers on it. So far, I haven't had any problems with the springs or Teflon coated followers. I have 3 pristine but proven Pro Tacs for carry, but I beat others to heck on the range with no ill effects. Knock on wood. In a perfect world, Kimber would ship 2 Pro Tacs in every box. Oh well...
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    How is that trigger working now that you got some rounds thru it? I bet it is less than 4 1/2 lbs.

Wink

Here is a pic of my Kimber Super Carry Pro HD with mods I did including Fusion K-hole Trigger, Zebra Pink VZ Grips, VZ Turbo Grip Screws, engraved slide stop (Phoenix is my call-sign/codename). Hope you like it.

s90GkimberSCPHD.jpg

Senior Moderator
    Wow, that's really looks nice! Good job!
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by SoftailGirl View Post
    Here is a pic of my Kimber Super Carry Pro HD with mods I did including Fusion K-hole Trigger, Zebra Pink VZ Grips, VZ Turbo Grip Screws, engraved slide stop (Phoenix is my call-sign/codename). Hope you like it.

s90GkimberSCPHD.jpg
    Nice modifications! If only my girlfriend enjoyed guns as much as you do I would be a happy man!

s90GkimberSCPHD.jpg
    callsign?

Nice...Mod!

s90GkimberSCPHD.jpg
    What site can I go to...where I can mod my HD like yours?

Here's mine. Added 3M tread tape to the front grip area for slip resistance. Have done a few other things as well, and love it. Shoots like a dream, rides great in a UBG OWB holster, or my Cross Breed SuperTuck IWB.

Firearms-20120206-119-3.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links