I'm so happy with the Beretta Nano that I'm getting a Glock 19

This is a discussion on I'm so happy with the Beretta Nano that I'm getting a Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yeah that's right... This Beretta is so simple to use that I think tomorrow I'm going to get my first glock... The Nano have already ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: I'm so happy with the Beretta Nano that I'm getting a Glock 19

I'm so happy with the Beretta Nano that I'm getting a Glock 19

Yeah that's right...

This Beretta is so simple to use that I think tomorrow I'm going to get my first glock...
    The Nano have already 2000+ rounds thru it with no problems at all...
    but what I really like is the simplicity of it (no external safety, striker fire, etc).

This is my Beretta Nano.... that I carry when I want something small, etc but Now I want to get something similar for my compact size carry options...

I'm going to try the Gen 4 Glock 19 ... and see how it goes from there.
    I normally carry a 1911 for compact style/size guns so this will be a big change :)

I'm thinking on getting some Talon Grips and probably a Crossbreed style holster... if you guys think there still any problem with Gen4's let me know ...

kal0pr
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Interesting. I highly recommend the G19. I like the 3rd generation pistols.
    Philly Boy likes this.

That Nano is a nice looking little gun. I agree with Ram Rod, the Gen 3's are my fav. I even like the older Gen 2.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Ok thanks I will check if they have Gen3's available so I can compare both gen's etc.. thanks!

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Have the resolved the issues with the Gen4s? I dont think one can go wrong with a Gen 3 G19.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Glock-19?...Yep, but a 3rd gen...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have a Gen 4 G 19. I know others have reported issues with their Gen 4. I have not had any issues with mine. Just my $.02
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    How do you carry your Nano?

Think about this...

While the G19 is a great piece, I would strongly encourage you to consider the G30 or G30SF (the only difference is that the SF has a smaller back strap, otherwise they're identical...use the same mags too). It's the .45 subcompact and holds 10+1 rounds. One of the nice things about this gun is that the magazines have an extension at the bottom for pinkie placement. I have always wondered why all the subcompacts don't have this great little addition because it makes such a HUGE difference. Holding the G30 is like holding a compact, but you get a smaller gun, which is easier to conceal. You can buy these extensions for other models but there are other reasons I prefer the G30/SF. You would be amazed at how easy it is to shoot and I'm a woman. The recoil is SURPRISINGLY light, so much so, that I'm now shooting one handed and from the beginning, was almost as accurate as when shooting two handed. Obviously, this didn't happen overnight, but it didn't take long to become impressively accurate. Although I grew up around guns and knew quite a bit about them, I hadn't done any shooting in years. When I first bought my G30SF, I'd go to the range at least 1-2 a month and shoot 100-150 rounds. My next step is to start shooting with my right (weak) hand. Plus the .45 is my favorite round. The slower velocity makes it great for home protection because it's LESS likely to go through walls (still possible, but less likely) and has GREAT knock down power...it'll make a HUGE hole in whoever takes the round! I've been told by many that the 9mm is the bare minimum one should use for home/self defense. You could also consider the G23 (.40 cal. compact, 13+1 rounds) or the G27 (.40 cal subcompact, 9+1 rounds...but with the G27 you'd probably want to get an extender for your mags). However, with both the 9mm and the .40 cal, you're dealing with higher velocities, which means the rounds are MORE likely to overpenetrate (go through the bad guy/girl and through the wall behind him/her). My understanding of ballistics is rudimentary, but this is what I've been told and read about...please correct me if any of this information is incorrect. Stay away from the .357 sig compacts or subcompacts. They don't call them pocket rockets for nothing!!!!!!

Go to the glock web site and check it out for yourself www.glock.com , you have to drag your mouse over the left side of the screen until you see North America. Click on it, then click on products, then double click over pistols and you can view them all together. Click on a gun and it will give you all the specs for that model (bottom of the screen). Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by dnilson; April 8th, 2012 at 11:09 PM.
    kal0 likes this.
    Pistols: Glock 21SF, 30SF, 36, Colt 1911 Govt. (all .45 ACP), S&W M&P Shield (9 mm), S&W M&P (.22)
    Revolvers: Ruger SP 101 (.357mag/.38SP), Taurus Judge (.410 Gauge/.45 LC)
    Long guns: Daniel Defense AR15s, M4V4 and M4V5 (both 5.56), Mossberg Shotguns (400 and 500, both 12G), Ruger (.22LR)

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    How do you carry your Nano?
    90% of the time I carry the Nano using the IWB Theis Holster... the other 10% I use a pocket holster...

Quote Originally Posted by dnilson View Post
    Go to the glock web site and check it out for yourself GLOCK | Perfection , you have to drag your mouse over the left side of the screen until you see North America. Click on it, then click on products, then double click over pistols and you can view them all together. Click on a gun and it will give you all the specs for that model (bottom of the screen). Just my 2 cents.

Thanks a lot for the input I'm checking the website info right now.. thanks again!

I've got a Gen 4 G23 & G27. No issues that I didn't induce. I had FTF's on the G27 when using the G22 mag because I was gripping the mag more than the pistol. SInce I figured that out, no more issues. I liked the change they did on the grip, but there are some that didn't.

awesome gun.. i've only put like 200 rounds thru it.. no jams even when using 115gr ammos. very accurate.. first magazine and 4 hit the X at 10 yards. Just imagine if the trigger was nice like the G19..

Quote Originally Posted by dnilson View Post
    While the G19 is a great piece, I would strongly encourage you to consider the G30 or G30SF (the only difference is that the SF has a smaller back strap, otherwise they're identical...use the same mags too). It's the .45 subcompact and holds 10+1 rounds. One of the nice things about this gun is that the magazines have an extension at the bottom for pinkie placement. I have always wondered why all the subcompacts don't have this great little addition because it makes such a HUGE difference. Holding the G30 is like holding a compact, but you get a smaller gun, which is easier to conceal. You can buy these extensions for other models but there are other reasons I prefer the G30/SF. You would be amazed at how easy it is to shoot and I'm a woman. The recoil is SURPRISINGLY light, so much so, that I'm now shooting one handed and from the beginning, was almost as accurate as when shooting two handed. Obviously, this didn't happen overnight, but it didn't take long to become impressively accurate. Although I grew up around guns and knew quite a bit about them, I hadn't done any shooting in years. When I first bought my G30SF, I'd go to the range at least 1-2 a month and shoot 100-150 rounds. My next step is to start shooting with my right (weak) hand. Plus the .45 is my favorite round. The slower velocity makes it great for home protection because it's LESS likely to go through walls (still possible, but less likely) and has GREAT knock down power...it'll make a HUGE hole in whoever takes the round! I've been told by many that the 9mm is the bare minimum one should use for home/self defense. You could also consider the G23 (.40 cal. compact, 13+1 rounds) or the G27 (.40 cal subcompact, 9+1 rounds...but with the G27 you'd probably want to get an extender for your mags). However, with both the 9mm and the .40 cal, you're dealing with higher velocities, which means the rounds are MORE likely to overpenetrate (go through the bad guy/girl and through the wall behind him/her). My understanding of ballistics is rudimentary, but this is what I've been told and read about...please correct me if any of this information is incorrect. Stay away from the .357 sig compacts or subcompacts. They don't call them pocket rockets for nothing!!!!!!

Go to the glock web site and check it out for yourself GLOCK | Perfection , you have to drag your mouse over the left side of the screen until you see North America. Click on it, then click on products, then double click over pistols and you can view them all together. Click on a gun and it will give you all the specs for that model (bottom of the screen). Just my 2 cents.
    Bullet velocity in modern service calibers has little to do with whether a bullet will penetrate walls or not. This is more a function of bullet construction. In comparable bullet designs, the .45 ACP actually penetrates MORE than 9mm defensive ammo, not less. As long as you are using good, modern defensive ammo, overpenetration should not be a concern with any caliber.

Also, "knockdown power" in service handgun calibers is a myth. There is no such thing. Period. Handgun bullets do not knock people down.

As far as the "huge hole" theory, the difference between a 9mm bullet that does not expand and a .45 bullet that does not expand is one tenth of an inch. I like .45 ACP, but let's not get carried away. With modern service loads, it's only a little more effective than good 9mm or .40, if at all. Lots of people who have "been there, done that" choose the 9mm, and the Glock 19 in particular, as their every day carry.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Since you like your Nano so much, why not look into a Beretta PX4 Constant(C type)? No safety and no decocker..
    The PX4 G. has a decocker but no safety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links