Ingrahm Mac-11 pistol

This is a discussion on Ingrahm Mac-11 pistol within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A friend of mine has come upon hard times and is willing to sell me an Ingrahm Mac-11 pistol. It has four mags and a ...

Thread: Ingrahm Mac-11 pistol

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

Ingrahm Mac-11 pistol

A friend of mine has come upon hard times and is willing to sell me an Ingrahm Mac-11 pistol. It has four mags and a three inch barrel with threads and a removable mock suppressor. He wants 300 bucks for it. Is it one of those deals I should not pass up? It would be a fun gun, and serve no real purpose. Has anyone got any suggestions for a quad rail for the front of the gun and a way to mount a holo sight on it?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

2. Remove Ads

If you have $300 sitting around to get a range toy, sure, but test fire to make sure it is working right. Everyone knows that Mac's and Tec-9s and the like are not the best made, most reliable firearms out there. And not conducive to concealed carry either, but in my opinion, they can be quite fun. But, I wouldn't depend on one for defense.

As to your other questions, I don't think you are going to have much luck putting any kind of sight on it, without modifying the weapon, and significant expense. These weapons generally have a reciprocating cocking lever on the top, which means any optic would get in the way of operating the weapon. And you would need something similar to an AK side-rail mount that would put it up higher.

As for the quad rail, the only Mac-11s I am seeing on a quick google image search with rails are airsoft guns, with the rails molded into the plastic. I don't see a good way to attach rails otherwise, again, without modifying the weapon, and significant expense.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I had one, older one...no fun unless they are full auto.

If you want a semi-auto Mac clone with a rail on top for mounting sights, just take your money and buy one of the Masterpiece Arms Macs. They have a 'Mini 9', like a shortened Mac-11, that can have a side mounted cocking handle with a top rail. They're also very easy to bump firing if you like that for kicks. They start at less than $400 new I believe.

I almost got one for fun, grew up an 80's kid were every movie had a Mac or a Uzi in it, but I figured that a semi-auto Mac didn't do anything particularly well. A Glock 17 with an extended mag could trump it at every turn. Whatever floats your boat, definately a good novelty fun gun.

Administrator
    For $300.00 I'd pass.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

It's a bit too much, and they are only good as SBRs if they're semi autos.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I had a Cobray Mac-11, same thing just a different brand. I had the extended stock, extended barrel, and a holo sight on it. The extended barrel had a built in quad rail on the foregrip. It WAS full auto and was probably the nicest shooting, most accurate, full auto I've ever fired; though that's not saying a whole lot since I've only fired a few. With being said, it was a whole lot of fun but you better reload or have deep pockets for ammo cause with 32 round mags it's very easy to go through a bunch of ammo in a hurry. I sold mine for $400 with everything on it. If you've got the extra cash laying around I would buy it. For a toy and nothing else though. You can take it to a class III gunsmith and have it made full auto for not much $$$$, it actually cost me more for the ATF paperwork than the work.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

"You can take it to a class III gunsmith and have it made full auto for not much $$$$, it actually cost me more for the ATF paperwork than the work."

Quite untrue.
    I do not mean to be argumentative, but the info as posted above is dead wrong. And could lead
    to both you and your smiff receiving 3 meals a day courtesy of the Federal Government.

Many of the 'experts' on the internet, are founts of Bad Info.

Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by pistolwretch View Post
    "You can take it to a class III gunsmith and have it made full auto for not much $$$$, it actually cost me more for the ATF paperwork than the work."

Quite untrue.
    I do not mean to be argumentative, but the info as posted above is dead wrong. And could lead
    to both you and your smiff receiving 3 meals a day courtesy of the Federal Government.

Many of the 'experts' on the internet, are founts of Bad Info.

Sorry!
    Since you are apparently a "fount" of "good" info would you care to elaborate? You can buy a registered drop in full auto sear for many guns out there. As long as everything is in order paperwork wise it's perfectly legal. Expensive, but legal, I just happened upon one for an extremely good price from a guy that was hard up for cash and owed me money and some favors. Not trying to be argentitive either, just saying there is a legal way to do it.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

VIP Member
    Chris, first of all is it an actual Military Armament Company gun and not a Cobray or copy? Does if fire from an open bolt?

If the first question is yes then that is not a bad deal, if the second question is answered yes snatch it up and I will purchase it from you now.

If you can fire it first that would be a good thing as has been stated. These are fun guns only with the full auto versions good for gunfights in telephone booth distances but can be fun to shoot.

Crowbait hate to call the BS flag on this one but I am calling the BS flag on this one.

I had a Cobray Mac-11, same thing just a different brand. I had the extended stock, extended barrel, and a holo sight on it. The extended barrel had a built in quad rail on the foregrip. It WAS full auto and was probably the nicest shooting, most accurate, full auto I've ever fired; though that's not saying a whole lot since I've only fired a few.

So you are saying you owned a full auto 9mm subgun with an extended barrel, extended stock and a holosight with a pistol grip on the barrel? Do you happen to have a pic of this weapon or a link to it online? MAC 10's are far from being a smooth shooting subgun they fire from an open bolt and are very basic in operation. The only weapons I have seen or can come across are some hybrid modern day monster thing that is semi only and are not very popular.

As far as the full auto conversion don't think that will happen. Yes $200 tax, dropping it off at the local machine gun guy to get converted? Not gonna happen. Now forgive me on prices and such but the full auto sear is what is registered and they go for a pretty penny, several hundred to several thousand dollars. If it were that cheap to convert one everyone would have one done. The last full auto MAC I saw when home ran about $4000 so not sure what version you had.
    Like I said please post a pic or a link it would be appreciated.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Chris, first of all is it an actual Military Armament Company gun and not a Cobray or copy? Does if fire from an open bolt?

If the first question is yes then that is not a bad deal, if the second question is answered yes snatch it up and I will purchase it from you now.

If you can fire it first that would be a good thing as has been stated. These are fun guns only with the full auto versions good for gunfights in telephone booth distances but can be fun to shoot.

Crowbait hate to call the BS flag on this one but I am calling the BS flag on this one.

I had a Cobray Mac-11, same thing just a different brand. I had the extended stock, extended barrel, and a holo sight on it. The extended barrel had a built in quad rail on the foregrip. It WAS full auto and was probably the nicest shooting, most accurate, full auto I've ever fired; though that's not saying a whole lot since I've only fired a few.

So you are saying you owned a full auto 9mm subgun with an extended barrel, extended stock and a holosight with a pistol grip on the barrel? Do you happen to have a pic of this weapon or a link to it online? MAC 10's are far from being a smooth shooting subgun they fire from an open bolt and are very basic in operation. The only weapons I have seen or can come across are some hybrid modern day monster thing that is semi only and are not very popular.

As far as the full auto conversion don't think that will happen. Yes $200 tax, dropping it off at the local machine gun guy to get converted? Not gonna happen. Now forgive me on prices and such but the full auto sear is what is registered and they go for a pretty penny, several hundred to several thousand dollars. If it were that cheap to convert one everyone would have one done. The last full auto MAC I saw when home ran about $4000 so not sure what version you had.
    Like I said please post a pic or a link it would be appreciated.
    Well, first of all no BS here, I have no reason to lie; it wouldn't benefit me in the least. But since you ASSumed that I was lying instead of asking a few polite questions, let me see if I can clarify things for you.

1) Yes, I had a Cobray M-11 with all of the accessories I listed previously; I never said it had a pistol grip on the barrel. Re-read my post that you quoted if you need to.
    2) I never said it was a SMOOTH shooting gun; I said it was nice and accurate. Once again re-read my original post. What I meant by nice was that it recoiled straight back into you, hardly any muzzle rise at all and what rise there was was very easily controlled.
    3) I'm pretty sure that I said that the full auto sear was expensive, yet again please refer to my original post. I happened to get mine for a screaming deal from an acquaintance of mine that owed me quite a sum of money and a couple of favors. If my post is confusing I apologize; I meant, that the charge to have the sear installed was cheap. My apologies.

The extended barrel I had on mine was similar to this one: US Machinegun: Polymer Quad Rail for M-11 9mm with 10" Barrels, M-11 COBRAY SEMI AUTO PARTS AND UPGRADES, M11SA-QRG except the quad rail on mine was machined aluminum not polymer and my barrel was longer, similar to the one you posted a pic of but not quite that long.

The extended stock was similar to this one US Machinegun: Billet Stock & Adapter for Cobray M-11 SEMI, M-11 COBRAY SEMI AUTO PARTS AND UPGRADES, CSA-BS01 but was "enclosed" if you will, looked more like an M-4 stock.

I hope I answered all of your questions, I really don't like being called a liar.

IIRC I think that the Uzis and macs are the cheapest legal FA guns you will find running around 4-6 thousand depending on market and manufacturer,My buddys FA Uzi wasn't too bad but the cyclic rate of fire is slower than the macs,you can still go thru a buncha ammo quick,good thing we reload,between his M16,Uzi, and FA AK47 we could kill 1000 rounds of ammo in a flash
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links