Range Report/Family Photo

This is a discussion on Range Report/Family Photo within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A few months ago I bought a Sig P250 sub compact in 9mm and Saturday I bought a Sig P238 .380 and today was my ...

Thread: Range Report/Family Photo

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar

A few months ago I bought a Sig P250 sub compact in 9mm and Saturday I bought a Sig P238 .380 and today was my first time firing either of them.

P238:
    I started with the P238 today since it has a laser and I wanted to sight it in. I will say I am a newbie at sighting those in and one of the guys at the range helped me as I had it all jacked up. I shot 50 Federal .380 FMJ and I also went through 15 Hordney JHPs and had zero malfunctions and the gun shot great. I will say it had a bit more recoil than I expected from a .380 and this is a huge step up from the first .380 I ever had which was a jamomatic (Jennings) and this gun, if it performs flawlessly the next time out when I can shoot more it maybe my daily carry. I have already ordered a Crossbreed minituck for it. One thing I do not like is taking it down to clean. Although easy enough, I find I have to have something to poke the take down lever out of the hole, I cannot push it through enough to grab it to pull out, maybe its me, maybe its the gun. I did not find the trigger to be too bad for it being a heavier trigger. I need another magazine or two but I am having a hard time paying 42.99 for a peice for them.

P250:

I like it. I shot ok with it and it was flawless in the 50 rounds of FMJ and 20 rounds of JHP I put through it. Only real complaint is I need a pinky extension for it, my pinky kept flying off the thing and that made shooting it a bit less fun. It had some recoil I did not recall ever having with my Glock 19 but I hit the target where I was aiming every time. Take down to clean is easier than a Glock which I did not know was possible. One thing I noticed and I am not sure why but there is a little bit of rust on the recoil spring, I am going to email Sig and ask about it. Trigger was nice but a couple of times I thought it was a long reset but in a combat situation I do not think it will phase me. I will carry this gun on ocassion, maybe more in the winter, I do have a Hays OWB holster I had Jeff make when I bought the gun and will use it. The magazine holds 12 rounds and I may order another.

Having said that, I am not sure which I will carry when I make the drive to Dallas and back in late May.

Here is a family photo:

582325_3638243276132_1275761153_33560768_498543290_n.jpg
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Nice Sigs. The more you shoot them the more you'll like them. I love my P238. Great shooter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Couple of nice looking kids you got there.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Good choice with the P238! I love mine!
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Just wish mags were not so expensive for these
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

VIP Member
    Check out the following link. I refuse to pay the gun makers price for magazines when there are other options available.

P238 magazines - Google Search
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Check out the following link. I refuse to pay the gun makers price for magazines when there are other options available.

P238 magazines - Google Search
    Thanks, I bookmarked it. I want a couple more mags before my travels this summer, would hate to go to TX with only 7 or 8 rounds of ammo.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    Just wish mags were not so expensive for these
    I agree! I have a personal policy that I have at least 2 extra mags for each handgun. It hurt the pocketbook a bit with the P238.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Call sig and say that you saw a coupon on line for 3 extended mags for $108, its actually $111, but its a savings especially if you intended to get 3. I ordered mine and a pocked holster today, free shipping. my 2c.

Sponsored Links