The perfect pocket carry pistol

This is a discussion on The perfect pocket carry pistol within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Never had a jam,,,, yet with my S&W J-frame,,,, check it out in the avatar....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: The perfect pocket carry pistol

Never had a jam,,,, yet with my S&W J-frame,,,, check it out
    in the avatar.

2. Remove Ads

I have a 642 with Crimson Grips in a Remora #8 pocket holster and a TCP with a Versa Carry that I appendix carry.
    Both are great, but it is much easier to carry the TCP, less bulk & appendix wins over pocket carry for draw speed.
    People will argue caliber, but I argue right back, training, speed, accuracy, shot placement!

Smith is coming out with a single stack, thin M&P line that fits most of your criteria: M&P 9mm "Shield" photo leaked. - Topic

I have been thinking about getting one of these for a while now. Your review pushed me over the edge I ordered two of them.

I sold the LCP due to the trigger and kept the Larger PMP due to trigger and larger caiber. I have carried the 27 in pocket before and messing around in uniform even the 6" GP100, ABUs have deep pockets
    Mossberg Maverick 88, Saiga 12, FN FNAR, SKS, SKS Paratrooper, AK-74, Marlin 60, Mosin Nagant 91/30, Browning A bolt II, Kahr PM9, Hi Point C9, Glock 20 (29 chop), Walther P22, Tauras PT92AF, Colt LE6920, Marlin 60SN, Mak-90

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    You want a trigger set at around 5-6 lbs? The lawyers insist on a manual safety. You don't want any manual safeties? The lawyers insist on a long, heavy DA trigger.
    That's funny...Glock doesn't have those problems... Say what you will, but I pocket carry a G26 daily. It replaced my wonderful Kahr PM9 for carry and that's saying something because it's a great pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by jasgo View Post
    Designing small semi-autos to handle 9mm pressures means relying a lot on recoil springs instead of mass since there is a lot less slide weight. Still has to be locked breech so some weight has to be retained and guns can't reach very light weights.
    Nope. There are relatively small blowback 9mms. Bryco and Jennings for example. POS? Sure, but there are reliable ones out there. I owned one years ago before trading it off.

iwidths carry my Kahr PM9 in a pocket holster, which replaced a Walther 380.

I am constantly amazed at those who pocket carry. Lots of times I find my iPhone uncomfortable. Greeting it out of my pocket is hard when I am in a car so that would be scary if I needed to get my gun. Maybe my legs are too big to pocket carry. Do you guys wear a bigger size?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by bundy845 View Post
    I am constantly amazed at those who pocket carry. Lots of times I find my iPhone uncomfortable. Greeting it out of my pocket is hard when I am in a car so that would be scary if I needed to get my gun. Maybe my legs are too big to pocket carry. Do you guys wear a bigger size?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Semi-retired. Spend my life in cargo pants/shorts with large, deep pockets.

los
    This:

About the size of a box of 45 acp ammo, but thinner.

azchevy and RichB70 like this.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Today I pocket carried my G26 in a DeSantis Nemesis w/spare mag weakside pocket wearing cargo shorts. I did a variety of things today: teeth cleaned at dentist; on a ladder with chain saw limbing trees; went to lunch; wal mart; to the bank; etc. Nary a problem. When I can't go with the G26 I go to my PM9. Also have a 442 and, as a last ditch resort, an LCP.
    "We Dare Defend Our Rights", Alabama State Motto...

cj
    I remain annoyed that Kel-Tec can pack 12 rounds in a P11, and no one else can come close to that capacity and size ratio. Even a little bigger, or giving up a round or two if they need space to get a decent trigger in there...but we're inundated with 6-8 round pistols. I feel similarly about the PT145 being able to hold 10 rounds of .45 that no one else seems to have gotten close to as well, but that's getting beyond the 'pocket' category for me.

Manage a reliable P11-sized 10-round striker fired design and you'd have a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by dean1818 View Post
    I really would want a minimum of 9 mm

The LCP is an attractive package, i didnt like the trigger, and feel a bit undergunned with a 380

The new SA XDS may be the answer, depending on the trigger
    Then wait until the Sig P938 hits the stores

I do not see how a 38sp +P is more effective than a 380, they are the same size in diameter, there velocity is the same 20-30 FPS difference, the 380 has 7 rounds on board compared to 5. The 380 is the diameter as the 9mm, for sure the 9mm is moving 200-300FPS faster than the 380 so it is going to do more damage. I believe in bullet placement over bullet performance, I know you need the most you can get, however, all pistol caliber suck at Self-Defense.
    RichB70 likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links